Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
Genres: Pop, Christian
Listen to Samples
Similarly Requested CDs
Member CD Reviews
Jennie J. from AUBURN, MA
Reviewed on 2/11/2009...
Even though I am a believer, I don't often listen to Christian music because, frankly, I find it hard to listen to. When there are artists with truly great voices out there, like Barbra Streisand, Hayley Westenra and Vittorio Grigolo, why do I have to subject my ears to rough, untrained voices like Bethany Dillon, Jeremy Camp and Rebecca St. James? Sure, the songs have good messages, but I can hardly hear them through the rasping vocals.
However, newcomer Ana Laura retains artistic integrity in her self titled debut by singing with passion AND skill. I would compare her powerful vocals to secular artist Celine Dion. Her voice has some rough edges, typical of this genre, but she can SING and her song choices are interesting and unique. I love the fact that she's influenced by classical and Latin music, and that doesn't resort to weird, techno intros to her rock songs. This girl has quality!
More importantly, she's using her gifts for God. The messages she conveys are inspiring and have even brought me to the point of tears. I love all of her songs, especially "If You Ever Fall" and "Water." I've already given away two copies of this CD to friends. I hope that Ana Laura makes another album soon. Believers should pursue beauty in the music as well as the words instead of settling for something that is poorly sung, just because it's "Christian."
P.S. Please don't get mad at me if you happen to like the Christian artists I have mentioned. This is just my opinion.
Vicki Williamson | Monroe, Ga United States | 06/30/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"A couple months ago I read the album review for Ana Laura's self-titled album in a Christian music magazine where they gave her an "A". After reading that I decided I wanted to know more about her and her music. So, I went to a website that carries her music and listened to the clips. Even though I only heard 30 seconds of each song I knew it was going to be a great CD! So, of course, I decided to purchase it. Obviously, I was not disappointed. This young lady sings with so much passion and has such a powerful voice to convey these ever-so powerful songs.
I believe this young lady has a very long and successful music career ahead of her. And, I am looking forward to each and every project ahead of her. I am so grateful that she uses her voice talents to glorify the Lord."
First time...Anointed! Hopefully many more to come!
Elizabeth Caldwell | Havertown, PA United States | 03/23/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I was in my Christian book store the other day and saw this CD on sale and loved the cover, so I went over to the listening station and the moment I heard the first note ministered on this CD, it was drawn in! She is very anointed and the sweetness of the anointing is present in every word that is sung. She is also powerful and you can hear the soulfulness of her Hispanic heritage - very rich just like Jaci, Rachael, and Christina!!! Here is a rundown of the tracks and why I love them (I love when people do this for me especially with new artists)
1. Sometimes. 5/5 This is upbeat with a good driving pace. It talkes about the mercy and restoring power of our GOd that when we fall, lose our way, He is there to make us new again, so we keep on stepping out in faith
2. No More 5/5 This is another uptempo song. I love the message of this one. It talks about how when we met God we came in not knowing Him or what He wanted from us, or even what we were willing to give to Him. This song declares with passion and power that I will not be a victim or held down or afraid anymore, because of who God is.
3 & 4 If You Ever Fall - 5/5 GORGEOUS! Ballad. "If you ever fall, just fall into My arms. I will never hurt you. If you're ever going to trust My heart, I will be here, to catch you when you fall" Oh, how precious the Fathers love for us to catch us when life hurts us or we fail!
5. Water 5/5 CIndy Morgan is part of the writing team on this, so it is really supurb lyrically - upbeat. God really is like water to our souls. Oh how we need him
6. Safe in You 4/5 really good. only giving 4 because I am not listening to it right now and cant remember much about it, but I do remember that I never skip tracks on this CD, so I know that I like it
7. Completely 10/5 LOL. Yes, it is THAT good. Ballad. "The secret of life is letting go. The secret of love is letting it show in all that I do, in all that I say, right here in this moment. The power of prayer is in a humble cry. The power of faith is in giving my life and laying it down, down at your feet...Take my heart, take my soul, I surrender everything to Your control. And let all that is within me lift up to You and say, I am Yours and Yours alone Completely!" Enough said
8. Dont Run Away 4/5 again. dont remember specifics, but not a skipper
9. Giver of Life 5/5 Beautiful Ballad. God the Creator of the Universe loves us and gives us everything we need!
10. Because You Loved Me 3.5/5. Nice. But Celine Dion does this much, much better. She does a great job though. Maybe the arrangement isnt as good as the original. I dont know, but still very nice.
11. Abide in Me - 7/5. My second Fav song on the album. Ballad. "Abide in me. Jesus live here in this place I save just for you. Abide in me. Jesus draw near as I wait for You." There is also a line about healer of broken hearts - and HE is, HE really really really is!
If you buy this album, you will be so blessed. She is anointed and her love for Jesus is present in every single note she sings. I have had 3,4,7,9,11 on constant rotation for the last 3 weeks and will for a while longer!"