Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
Just Like You
Genres: Pop, Rock
2009 debut album from the American Idol finalist. Allison Iraheta is a gutsy, original, incredible stand out voice; and at only 17 years old has many hits in front of her. The daughter of Salvadoran immigrants, she is the ... more »
2009 debut album from the American Idol finalist. Allison Iraheta is a gutsy, original, incredible stand out voice; and at only 17 years old has many hits in front of her. The daughter of Salvadoran immigrants, she is the youngest contestant ever to place in the Top 12 on American Idol and the fourth place finisher on AI's eighth season. Often described as 'Kelly Clarkson meets Janis Joplin' and compared to both P!nk and Avril Lavigne, Allison is ready to make her own mark with her debut album which features production from some of the biggest and best in Pop and Rock hit making including Max Martin, Kevin Rudolf and Howard Benson.
Similarly Requested CDs
Member CD Reviews
Holly R. from LEBANON, OH
Reviewed on 10/30/2010...
I love Allison! Firday I'll Be Over U is my favorite song on this cd. :)
Denise H. from HUNTSVILLE, AL
Reviewed on 5/16/2010...
This is an excellent debut album from Allison - especially since she's so young! I like all the songs. I watched her on American Idol and loved her style, confidence and rockability.
The Best of Season 8, and Maybe the Best Idol Album Yet!
Pat | 12/01/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"1. FIBOU - I like the song. It's upbeat and catchy and my friends that have heard it, the female friends, really liked it. These are ppl that do not watch idol. I certainly feel there are about 11 songs better than it on the CD though.9/10
2. Robot Love - I was not a fan of the snippet, but I actually like it now. It's something that I don't relate to so much personally, but it's a great target demographic song. Not to mention I think the beat is smokin. I definitely wouldn't skip it on a whole album listen kinda day.8/10
3. Just Like You - I think I pay more attention to the piano keys in this song than her voice. I love the song/lyrics A LOT, but I prefer/LOVE the acoustic. Once she hits the chorus, I'm able to concentrate on her voice and the song a little more, but that piano, less percussion really takes this song down a notch in the beginning stages, but it picks itself back up as the song goes on.9/10
4. Don't Waste The Pretty - It's apparently slated to be the next single, and part of me has issue with that and part of me doesn't. I think it's totally radio friendly. It's odd to me that some of these songs seem to take flight at the beginning of the first chorus. These hooks totally rock, but again I FLOVE the acoustic, and I mean FLOVE it! I think these lyrics are really good and many ppl will relate. I just feel production off the chrous/back end of the song is lacking a bit. Her voice is top notch though on those beautiful's that she belts out at the end. 9/10
5.SCARS - The album starts right here! This is one of those that from the opening strum is PERFECTION. Absolute perfection. Lyrics are possibly the best on the album and it may be my favorite Idol song ever. Her vocal is impeccable. The beat is chill, and she sings it in such a believable tone, as if she's actually feeling what she is singing. I think Allison does that better than 95% of the artists that I listen to. One reason why already she is in my top 5% favorite artists ever. 11/10
6. Pieces - As i stated already, the album really started at Scars for me. Totally captivated the from the beginning. I have no problem with production. The hook is hot. Great song 9/10
7. D is for Dangerous - I like JYL and DWTP a little better than this song, but I really like this song. I like the opening riff a lot. Again, another really good chorus. You'd be an idiot saying any song on this album is not catchy. Each tune has a distinct quality that is very much listenable. I like the progression of a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,I,j,k,l,m and then stopping to finish out the song. I think it adds to the meaning. 8/10
8. Holiday - Hottness baby. This one has a sick beat, freah feeling from an older Green Day sampled song. Love the energy. I can see myself jamming out to this song. This girl has a knack for a hot a$$ hook!!! Love it 10/10
9. Still Breathing - Love everything about it. Very radio friendly, but a fantastic song in it's own right. Production is top notch IMO. I think we might get 5 singles off this album, and I wouldn't be surprised in 6-8 months if this is top 10 on the billboard. 10/10
10. Trouble Is - I love a beautiful ballad. This is my favorite chorus on the CD, and dear god at the end of the song she goes higher than high. Chills run down my spine every moment of this song. Spectacular, perfect, moving, & more. I can't pick a favorite on the album b/t this and Scars. 11/10
11. No One Else - Penned by Kara Dioguardi and Pink I believe. It sounds like it was written by them honestly. And that's not a bad thing. I JAM THIS SONG! It's great. Catchy. Sooo many songs on this album have the opportunity to be big hits. SOO MANY! 10/10
12. Beat Me Up - It just makes me want to dance. The lyrics about an "abusive" lover take a back seat just because you want to get up and move to this. I wish it was little longer. Hottest beat on the LP for sure. Kevin Rudolf did a great job on this one. I read someone thought it was repetitive. I don't really think so. Maybe since it's a short song it seems that way. Whatever I don't care. 10/10
13. You Don't Know Me - Love the melody. Love the lyrics. Just that Allison has a part in writing this makes it wonderful, but that she pulled off great lyrics makes it fantastic. One can only wonder where some of them came from?? I'll leave that up to you. 10/10
Album = A
A fantastic debut. If they included an acoustic JLY and DWTP, or a few of these songs live, it would easily be an 11/10 kinda album. I'll give it a 9.6/10 if I had to go numerical. Every chorus on this CD is sooo good! That never happens when I listen to an album. No song is too one dimensional. It's a great medley of emotion, song writing, and production. LOVE IT"
Chart Topping Debut Album!
Krist Mejia | San Francisco, CA | 12/02/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I hate comparing her to Kelly Clarkson...but I have just got to say this girl delivers in her first CD the same way Kelly did in hers...the contest might be over but Allison is still in it to win it...after being disappointed about Adam's album...felt like it was way overproduced...Allison is just raw talent in all its glory...her voice is very unique...like a grittier in your face Kelly Clarkson...I am absolutely obsessed with this album...well done Allison...bravo! My first time writing a review for an album here...that's how much I love it...a must buy!"