Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
Armed to the Teeth
Genres: Alternative Rock, Pop, Rock
Listen to Samples
Similarly Requested CDs
Not a kid, just don't feel like registering
(4 out of 5 stars)
"1. "Lethal Killers" - This is a pretty good song, but very weak as an intro. It would be a lot better if it wasn't the first song on the disk. It has a very haunting, placebo-like feel to it. 7/10
2. "Rabble" - I'm still questioning this songs potential, it starts off pretty good, and gets even better from the middle to the end of the song. He really sings his heart out and it's just another one of the so called love songs youll hear on armed to the teeth. 8/10
3. "The Catalyst" - This is where I Feel the album really kicks in and gets to the good stuff. Another heartbroken love song from Tommy, he sings "I wish i could say something beautifull, to make you fall in love again, but love has slowly faded away like spotlights shining in to space". It's not what's sung, its how he sings it that makes it so good. Very nice and Refreshing song. 9.5/10
4. "Tighter Noose" - Ahhhhh I love this song. There are actually two versions of it. One of them was on the bands website for a long time. Both have parts better than the other, but if i had to pick one of them to be a keeper, it's deffinatly the album version. There are beautifull violins? in this one. Very very good, a standout track for sure. Much different than anything the band has ever done. 10/10
5. "Waiting To Panic" - Another great song again. Very Catchy in fact. There's not too much to say about it. Listen for yourself. 9/10
6. "Hunting (The Unvierse Breaks My Heart)" - Another amazing song. Like nothing the band has done before. The Chorus has a very good feeling sound to it, with thought provoking lyrics. But I'm not giving them away. 10/10
7. "Armed To The Teeth" - The title track. " I am armed to the teeth, you can't hold me down, I turn teething in to a hobby". Not sure what he's talking about yet, but this song works very well. All the instruments work very well together and I'm pretty sure it's the first single. 9/10
8. "Sooner or Later" - This is a decent song, I'm just not feeling the verses or the buildup to the good parts at all. It gets good towards the middle though. 7/10
9. "Sailing Seas" - Another very nice gem on this disk. Sailing seas has a great beat, it's very catchy and the lyrics are great. Couldn't ask for too much more from an AP song. 9.5/10
10. "Renegade" - I Feel like I'm on a pirate ship under a stary night sky when i hear this song. Not Sure Why. But then the chorus kicks in and speeds it up alot and seems like mabye another placebo-like song. I love it. 9/10
11. "Mabye Then Someday" - When you hit track 11, I think you should know that the last two songs are very powerfull love songs with pianos, violins and great melodies. " I will pull apart my bones, to fuel the fire to keep you warm, and if that's not enough, well then that's ok." Great Great Great song. 11/10
12. "Goodbye Song" - This one breaks my heart. Just as good as Mabye Then Someday. "If this is the end of us, I'll sing you this goodbye song, If your a lonely girl, you might as well come on home." There are violins, breakdowns and amazing vocals.And the song clocks in at a 6:30. 11/10
Overall Armed To The Teeth is an album fans of old and new AP will enjoy if not more than humanistic. Deffinatly pick it up.
Overall rating 9/10....and i don't rate easily."
L. McCollum | Austin TX | 09/29/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Good music is not dead just hard to find, like this gem from Abandoned Pools. I really enjoyed their last album Humanistic and this one takes there interesting sound to the next level. This is how modern music should sound.
One of the most underrated albums of the year
F. Berlen | Staten Island, NY | 12/25/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"i usually don't write on these things (im actually against it b/c who cares what other people think as long as you connect w/ it) but i thought i would write one about this cd just in case people were on the fence about it.
Aside from the lyrics, the best thing about this album is that it really is an album; it doesn't have one song that stands out above the rest; they are all equally good and as a result it makes for a great listen start to finish. So basically, if you don't consider yourself a "singles only" kind of person, this is the one for you. what else can i say except sample all the songs...you might like them all."