Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
I Care 4 U
Genres: Dance & Electronic, Blues, Pop, Rap & Hip-Hop, R&B
Out-of-print in the US. 'I Care 4 U' is partly a retrospective of the tragically short career of R&B performer, Aaliyah. The disc also includesa number of previously unreleased tracks which were composed by Johnta Austin. ... more »
Out-of-print in the US. 'I Care 4 U' is partly a retrospective of the tragically short career of R&B performer, Aaliyah. The disc also includesa number of previously unreleased tracks which were composed by Johnta Austin. The mid-1990's hit singles, 'At Your Best You Are Love' and 'Got To Give It Up', are also featured.
Similarly Requested CDs
Lb | england | 05/21/2004
(4 out of 5 stars)
"This cool upbeat r&b album just shows the talent aaliyah had 2 make it big. On the other hand though ther are a couple of bland songs on it 2.
1. BACK AND FORTH = Has an old style feel 2 it, does seem to drag on after a while though. 2.ARE U THAT SOMEBODY = This ONES good, makes u wana get up + really dance. the background beat really gets into u + the words r cool + catchy.3.ONE IN A MILLION = Quite good ballad, with a funky beat 2 it. her voice sounds so good on this 2 + has a real softness 2 it.4.I CARE 4 U = beautiful music mixed with a grand piano + sounds like sum1s doin their own mouth sound effect! Sounds weird i no, but it works real good! A beautiful ballad, soft and easy 2 listen to. 5.MORE THAN A WOMAN = The last song to which Aaliyah supposedly sung her voice on + so with that thought in mind, it has, for me anyway, a sort of sadness 2 it, despite its funky, dancey, upbeat style 2 it. A real good, danceable song though, which makes u wana get up + move.6.DONT NO WAT 2 TELL YA = I quite like this 1 to. This 1 makes u wana get up + move. Her voice sounds cool + raspy on this, + the shakey beat in the background, gives the song some edge. 7.TRY AGAIN= Probably the most memorable song aaliyah ever done, and the one, most would say which debuted her music and pushed her career to a whole differnt,but more respected level. Try again has a cool, scratchy, sound to it, with the upbeat of it fitting perfectly.8.ALL I NEED = Her voice seems 2 be takin a low note on this 1. Overall quite a good song, the beat is pretty good 2.9.MISS U = Probably my favourite song on the ablum, so amazingly beautiful. This one really tugs at the heartstrings as the talented memory of aaliyah comes into mind and the sadness of wat happened. The chirping birds in the background really complement the lightness and complicity of the song. It shows the beauty of her voice was so original and strong, like a hummingbird. Heartaching, but amazingly beautiful.10.DON'T WORRY = Not 1 of my favourites, but its alright all the same, the simplicity of the song, shows her voice off a bit more at bits. Does seem to drag on though + become a tad repetitive.11.COME OVER = Her voice sounds lovely on this soft style song + the background beat of the song really fits.12.ERICA KANE = okay, repeats word "erica" in a remix style. The background beat occasionaly includes the tingling of a triangle intrument. Not the best song on the album, but good all the same.13.AT UR BEST = The beginning of this song where aaliyah is just singin with no background music, with nuthin at all is breathtaking. Her voice sounds so angelic, amazingly beautiful(yes i no i keep sayin that!)This song in particular really shows the true talent of her singing ability. On the other hand though, the song seems to drag on a bit 2 long,+ may become boring.14.GOTTA GIVE IT UP(REMIX) = O i really like this 1. Aaliyah's remix version is great! Really makes u wana move. Its real soft on the ears + the beat aint 2 hard. LOVIN IT LOVIN IT! very cool!15.WE NEED A RESOLUTION(FEAT TIMBALAND) = I really like this one 2, this is another of aaliyah's hits. Has a real funky, quirky beat to it, + the lyrics are cool + catchy! also a danceable 1!16.ROCK THE BOAT = Perfect song 2 end the album, not 2 hard on the ears, + the beat has a real soft, calmness 2 it. A good song 2 wind ur booty 2. LOVIN IT BABY!"
Ultimate Aaliyah is a better collection; if you don't mind t
iPod Fan 3 | 01/23/2009
(4 out of 5 stars)
"If you're willing to spend $35 for an amazing Aaliyah collection, check out: Ultimate Aaliyah. "I Care 4 U" isn't a "best of" or "greatest hits" but more of a look into the past with songs like "Try Again," "Back & Forth," and "Are You That Somebody" and also makes you think about what could have been with new songs like "Don't Know What to Tell Ya" and "Miss You." This was the CD that turned me on to Aaliyah, (I wasn't a fan until after her death,) but I found out she had many more good hit songs that are not on here.
01. BACK AND FORTH - 4/5 - Aaliyah's debut, great way to start this CD, or a party. =)
02. ARE YOU THAT SOMEBODY - 5/5 - One of my favorite Aaliyah songs. The beat is just phenomenal.
03. ONE IN A MILLION - 4/5 - One of her biggest hits. Very catchy.
04. I CARE 4 U - 5/5 - Aaliyah's favorite song of hers, and I can see why.
05. MORE THAN A WOMAN - 4.5/5 - Has a nice beat and great vocals.
06. DON'T KNOW WHAT TO TELL YA - 5/5 - My favorite of the new tracks. It's the only new song produced by Timbaland.
07. TRY AGAIN - 5/5 - Lead single from her big screen debut,Romeo Must Die and possibly her biggest hit.
08. ALL I NEED - 3/5 - Don't really like this track that much, I usually skip it.
09. MISS YOU - 4/5 - Beautiful vocals... Appropriate title.
10. DON'T WORRY - 3/5 - Same as #8.
11. COME OVER (feat. Tank) - 3.5/5 - Kind of slow, it's average.
12. ERICKA KANE - 4/5 - Nice beat, very catchy song. Although some might think it's repetitive.
13. AT YOUR BEST (YOU ARE LOVE) - 5/5 - VERY nice vocals, especially in the intro.
14. GOT TO GIVE IT UP - 5/5 - MUCH better than the version on "1IAM"!
Overall, it's a good CD. However, it doesn't get five stars because it has a few fillers (8 & 10) and more importantly leaves of some hits like "The One I Gave My Heart To," "We Need a Resolution," "If Your Girl Only Knew," "4 Page Letter," etc."
Would've been better off as a B-side collection
rmcrae | Houston, Texas | 05/03/2010
(3 out of 5 stars)
"Released over a year after her death, I Care 4 U features a handful of Aaliyah's hit singles as well as previously unreleased material. It seems odd that songs like One In A Million and Back & Forth are featured, but there are only 6 new songs. I remember reading an interview of Timbaland's in which he revealed that he and Aaliyah had recorded over 50 songs for One In A Million. Where are they and why weren't they included? Why not keep Are You That Somebody and Try Again and add in other soundtrack singles like I Don't Wanna, Come Back In One Piece, and Journey to the Past?
Anyway, most of the newer songs are good, but not as edgy or fresh as her past work. The beautifully acoustic I Miss You tells the story of two lovers who drift apart after one of them goes away to college. Aaliyah's silky vocals and the sweet chirping of a songbird give it a new meaning with BabyGirl's tragic passing. The bass heavy Don't Know What To Tell Ya and honey to the ears All I Need are good as well.
The rock influenced Erica Kane is interesting, but almost suffers from a repetitive chorus. Aaliyah's duet with fellow singer Tank called Come Over is pretty bland in comparison to the other songs as is the Jazze Pha produced Don't Worry.
The more comprehensive Ultimate Aaliyah collection is a better choice, but it's only available as an import. Liyah deserves a much better hits collection in the States and I know many of us are waiting for it."