Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
Genres: Pop, Rap & Hip-Hop, R&B
112 would be just another quartet of smooth crooners if it weren't for the simple fact that their Bad Boy brand of R&B funk is so damn irresistible. "Love Me" opens with the directive, "Do that Puff Daddy shit, son!" and i... more »
112 would be just another quartet of smooth crooners if it weren't for the simple fact that their Bad Boy brand of R&B funk is so damn irresistible. "Love Me" opens with the directive, "Do that Puff Daddy shit, son!" and indeed you can pick up the Puffy one's fingerprints all over Room 112--Mase cameos on "Love Me," and Lil' Kim shows up on the slamming "The Only One," a surefire dance-floor hit with an infectious bass line reminiscent of the Bad Boy "Only You" remix. The ballads are as wrinkle-free as expected, but "Your Letter" is poignant. Check into Room 112, and you won't want to leave. --Rebecca Wallwork
Similarly Requested CDs
Step Into Room 112 and Lock The Door!
Blackberri | Wash., D.C. | 12/15/1999
(5 out of 5 stars)
"To all those non believers who say the sophmore album is usually a jinx, this one proves you so wrong. 112 has done it again, keeping you locked in from beginning to end.For all those "clubbers" out there, those delicious chocolate men keep you moving with hits like "Anywhere" and "The Only One". For you hopless romantics,turn off the lights,light some candles, and listen to "For A While" and "Crazy Over You". There's even "Your Letter" for those who have been hurt by love and "Love You Like I Did" for those going through the motions. As you can see, Room 112 has something for everyone and I promise, step into Room 112, and you won't want to leave."
Great songs on this one!!!!
LoVe2ReAd | USA | 03/21/2004
(4 out of 5 stars)
"I love 112. They are my fave RnB group along with Dru Hill. I think this is a pretty good cd. Most of my favorite 112 songs are on here. I'm a slow jams type of girl, so I instantly prefer the slow tracks over any of the faster ones1. Room 112 (Intro)-- I usuallly skip intros
2. So Much Love (Interlude)
3. Be With You--I really like this song. The intro is hot and the chorus is on point. I like Daron's voice a lot and Slim, while his voice is an acquired sound, doesn't sound too bad on this one.
4. Love Me--this song is ok, but is somewhat repetitive. I usually either skip over it or end up changing songs halfway through. 5. Only One - Lil' Kim 6. Anywhere--ok intro to Anywhere
7. Anywhere--Anywhere was hot when it came out. I really really like Anywhere waaaay more than Peaches n Cream
8. Love You Like I Did--this song is so great. Another one featuring Daron. Slim comes in on the bridge
9. For Awhile--I like this song featuring Faith Evans.
10. Don't Go Away (Interlude--This interlude is hot. I don't know if they all sang on this one, but if they did, the harmony is hot.
11. Stay With Me
12. Whatcha Gonna Do
13. Crazy over You--MY FAVORITE 112 song EVER!!! It's so sweet and simple. Great song to tell someone how you feel about them
14. Funny Feelings--playable but also skippable
15. Never Mind--skippable
16. Someone to Hold
17. All My Love
18. You Are The Only One (Interlude)
19. Your Letter--the first time I heard this, I was quite surprised at the ending. Totally unexpected from my angle. But it's a great track."
Room 112...Sophomore album
Bark4Soul | Golden, CO | 03/19/2005
(4 out of 5 stars)
"112's 2nd album which hit in '98 was a hit much like their first self-titled album. The hit single, "Love me" with Mase was on fire at the time. When that single came out, I was in 10th Grade and I musta burnt 2 or 3 discmans bumpin' that in High School. Their 2nd album was a lil bit more direct than their first they were they still gentlemen of Badboy and R&B but this time they had a FEW other tracks different than JUST love, their 2nd single, Anywhere with a lil no namer at the time Lil Zane (Now just Zane) hit the radio and people went nuts, if you have never heard of it, think of it kinda like a prequel to Peaches & Cream on "Part III". Anyways the song was hot and they showed that they were not one hit wonders and could survive here. They do have their signature ballads like "Funny Feelings", "Crazy over you", & "Your Letter", and their interludes are the best from anyone elses cds, no does just lil 60 second interludes anymore like these guys, on all their cds they do this, it is awesome, thank you! All-in-all this album has it all for you if you like either R&B and/or 112. Like I always say...if you slept on this....WAKE UP AND GO GET IT!"