Discussion Forums - CD Bazaar

Topic: why is everybody trying to sell their credits?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
edmerk (Edward M.)

Subject: why is everybody trying to sell their credits?
Date Posted: 6/20/2011 8:41 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

is everyone downloading from i=tunes? or  is no one is buying cd's anymore? or  can no one can find  cd's they want here anymore?

ducky (David O.)

Subject: My Two Cents
Date Posted: 6/20/2011 10:02 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I think some people just have a lot of CD's in their tower, so they get more credits than they are going to use because whatever they want they have wishlisted and are waiting for it to come in and for the time being they would just rather have a few cups of Starbucks or whatever instead of another CD.

That whole elastacity of demand thing.  There's only some much music one can listen to.

I think It's pretty cool that you can swap the credits between the paper back and dvd site too.

I picked up a few extra credits this weekend from some people that didn't need them, ordered some CDs; swapped some cd's and have a few credits left over if someone needed a couple to fill an order in their wish list for a double disc that just became available.

Pretty cool site.

ducky (David O.)

Subject: One other thing
Date Posted: 6/20/2011 10:04 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

The forum allows people to bump their message once a day, so you may be seeing the same people who have extra credits bumping their message to the top

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 6/27/2011 1:07 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

...I'd add that like with any site -- people get busy, or get bored, and just wander away after time, and by and large, don't follow up on using their banked credits.   What you're seeing with people selling their credits might be the people who are in that category -  except they've figured out a way to make a little money before they go.  

I think the numbers of wanderers-away hasn't changed but we're seeing more people wanting to cash in their credits before they go because they've realized that's an option.

edmerk (Edward M.)

Date Posted: 6/27/2011 10:55 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

people may be also be downloading music torrents since the cd's they want may show up faster there than here and burning their own cd's

thepopmonster (Peter T.)

Date Posted: 6/28/2011 8:50 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

The credits I'm selling come from SwapADVD (I see it as a win-win-win - people get DVDs they want, I get credits, which people who need credits then get from me and I get money - the whole cycle of life thing which gets me effectively free stuff). I'd love to spend them on CDs here but I mostly like what my wife calls "wierd stuff" so it's going to take a long time to empty my WL.

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 6/28/2011 11:25 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

..more weird stuff!  In fact, I think we need a permanent genre for it....

mrlefty (William N.)

Date Posted: 6/29/2011 2:08 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Personally I'm glad there are a few credit sellers on this site.  I tend to receive more than I ship, so I often purchase credits.  They cost $3.45 through the Kiosk, but they can be gotten for as little as $2 through the Bazaar... This means that I can have a CD mailed to me for me for less than the shipping charge of Amazon marketplace...  can't beat that deal!