Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: No UPC, no ISBN, not searchable

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Ana (Ana K.)

Subject: No UPC, no ISBN, not searchable
Date Posted: 4/30/2007 11:05 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
I have 3 CDs that do not have ISBNs or UPCs, and are not coming up in the search by artist/title. How can I post these? I have pictures I can upload.
FolkRockFan (Sarah B.)

Date Posted: 5/1/2007 7:44 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
If it won't show up in a title/artist search, then it's considered "unpostable." You can list them in the CD Bazaar, though, and even ask the standard one credit per album :)

Hope that helps.
Ana (Ana K.)

Subject: Thanks!
Date Posted: 5/3/2007 11:57 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑
I'll do that. I actually found the isbn doing a search, but it still won't take it. roll
FolkRockFan (Sarah B.)

Date Posted: 5/3/2007 11:28 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
It's impossible for the database to have every UPC for every album ever released. It would be nice, but...just think of all the CDs that already exist, plus upcoming new and re-releases :)
vprosser (Valerie P.)

Date Posted: 5/6/2007 10:07 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Yeah, I've had the same few cd's that I can't post. It's frustrating and I have offered them in the bazaar too. I know just as soon as I donate them to goodwill or something, someone will want them LOL!
Classicana (Anna B.)

Date Posted: 5/6/2007 11:23 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑
What do you think would be a good way to get members to visit the forums - especially the cd bazaar? The more members who see what's on offer, the better chance of it being taken...
Maybe we could get SaCD Team (Zack) to send a newsletter/invitation out to one and all..?.. or ??