Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Person who requested cd says it's the wrong one before I ship. How do I get

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
showme (Lee B.)

Subject: Person who requested cd says it's the wrong one before I ship. How do I get
Date Posted: 12/5/2010 9:16 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Well, the subject line about sums it up. I posted a Carpenters cd (Singles 1969 - 1981) that I got on sacd not long ago. I PM'd them letting them know it was on the way, and they raised a question about which recording it was. I told them it was the original A&M cd with a 10 page booklet on with history and spec's on the songs. They asked if it had" two (specific) tracs in 5.1 dolby and one in stereo", I wrote back and said, no, but it does have all of the songs listed. I saw 2 different selections when I typed in the title to post it, and the one I picked was my A&M label cd. Anyway, point is, I now have this cd in hand, have agreed happily to not send it, but I'd like to know how to get my cd back to "postable" again. Since it says I have to wait until a certain date to even ask about it, how can I get it released to re post?

djtal (Daniel T.)

Date Posted: 12/6/2010 9:26 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Sorry I can't answer your question.  If I were the one asking it, I would send a message to SwapaCD Help Center > Contact Us > Send Us Feedback.

14 (Lars N.)

Date Posted: 12/6/2010 9:04 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Perhaps the cd was posted incorrectly the first time around, and if so then it would do no good "getting it released" and post it again.  If so, perhaps it should be posted as "the other one" and if so you can probably just go ahead and post it right away, no need to wait.

Searching for Carpenters Singles and looking for 1981 shows that there are two different versions:

http://www.swapacd.com/cd/album/480327-singles+1969+1981/

http://www.swapacd.com/cd/album/728740-singles+1969+1981+hybr+ms/

It appears that you might have had yours posted as the 2nd version.  And that the requestor really do want the hybrid version.  Perhaps yours should be posted as the 1st version?  Both of them have 21 tracks but the tracks are different.

Then again, this might be the result of the major, well let's call it update to the system, that was done a little while ago.