Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Lala closing on May 31st, web songs and unused credit will head to iTunes

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
LEDZEPZOSO (Larry S.)

Subject: Lala closing on May 31st, web songs and unused credit will head to iTunes
Date Posted: 4/30/2010 12:48 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I know some of us where transfer from this site. I was a great site when it first launch. So what do I do with all my envolopes?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/30/lala-closing-on-may-31st-web-songs-and-unused-credit-will-head/

Boberty (Robert P.)

Subject: envelopes
Date Posted: 4/30/2010 8:28 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I loved those clamshells! I'd go ahead and use them - just don't forget to put on your own postage (unlike the one shipper on this site, tssk, tssk)

'cause Lala won't be footing the bill anymore.

Robert

GregoryNipper (Gregory N.)

Date Posted: 5/2/2010 2:17 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Will this mean a big influx of new members?  It would be nice, but I'm thinking most Lala traders already flew the coop in 2008 and '09.

Last Edited on: 5/2/10 4:44 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Keerayduh (Steve L.)

Date Posted: 5/4/2010 9:56 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I don't use the LaLa envelopes to ship - but I wasn't sure why people were upset with those that used them without putting postage on them because you did have to pay for the envelopes (I haven't used Lala in a few years - so I'm not sure if that still was the case).

However, that said - I received a CD in great shape yesterday in a LaLa envelope (with postage) and the shipper used the old LaLa method of folding the rear insert to make it fit (instead of gently opening up the inside of the LaLa envelope to make it larger.   One of the old annoyances you always saw at LaLa and very rarely see here at SACD.  C'est la vie!   At least the disc and front insert were pristine.