Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: If a set includes a DVD, does it cost an extra credit plus $.49?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Firefly (Cathy W.)

Subject: If a set includes a DVD, does it cost an extra credit plus $.49?
Date Posted: 2/22/2010 12:21 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

If CDs are 1 credit each (plus $.49), and DVDs are not allowed to be swapped here, but additional materials with a CD set are required to be included, then should a 3 CD set with bonus DVD cost 3 credits (plus $1.47) or 4 credits (plus $1.96)?

I tried looking it up in the help center, but I couldn't find it.  (So, if it really is there, I will not be offended by someone pointing me to the correct document!)  :-)

Thanks!

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 2/22/2010 9:19 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Hello Cathy,

I think the answer is basically: whatever-the-database-says.  If you can find the exact item by isbn in the database, I would expect it to say 3 credits with a single .49 (because that is a transaction fee, not a per-disc fee).  If it says, say, one disc -- then maybe note to the team would be in order.  I know some titles ask you to verify the number of discs included, which I suspect means that the database itself had some conflicting information to begin with.  If the item is NOT in the database, you're going to be trading it on the bazaar -- the same rule holds: one credit per disc -- or less.

That's my take on it, anyhow.  I have a Johnny Cash set myself with both DVD and CD that I've been wondering what to do with.  That exact combination just isn't in the db....

hope that helps,

ICBERRY

Keerayduh (Steve L.)

Date Posted: 2/22/2010 10:22 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Actually, if it's in the db, I would think it would be 4 credits (3 cds + 1 dvd) with a .49 transaction charge.

Regards,  Steve :)

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 2/22/2010 2:40 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Oops, that's what I meant...   :^)

Keerayduh (Steve L.)

Date Posted: 2/22/2010 3:15 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Now, how do we get rid of these accursed A's:                ?

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 2/22/2010 7:24 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I prefer to think of them as evil cackling laughter...a-a-a-a-a-a!!!!

Firefly (Cathy W.)

Date Posted: 2/22/2010 8:05 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I like the evil cackling laughter.  :-)  Thanks for the responses!

So, if a DVD cannot be traded here, why should it need an extra credit?  I guess that's the part I don't understand regarding the credits.

The particular boxed set in question is a 3 disc set, with extra DVD that has video of a few of the songs that are on the CDs.  When I went to accept the offer (it was on my WL and just was offered to me), not only did it want me to pay 4 credits, but it also wanted me to buy more SwapaCD money.  Now, I have $1.67 in my account, which surely would cover the $.49 if it was just per transaction, right?  So why did they system say I needed more? 

djtal (Daniel T.)

Date Posted: 2/23/2010 10:46 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Time to send a message to support.  Only they can answer this one definitively.

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 2/23/2010 1:10 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Yes, and if you want to come and report back, I bet you'll have some interested listeners.

BTW, I just traded my Johnny Cash on the Bazaar -- I think it was up for about three and a half seconds before it was claimed.:)

Last Edited on: 2/23/10 1:12 PM ET - Total times edited: 4
Firefly (Cathy W.)

Date Posted: 2/23/2010 3:07 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Thanks, everyone.  I'll send in a message and post back here when I know more!

Firefly (Cathy W.)

Date Posted: 2/24/2010 3:38 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Well, the team responded.  I didn't get an answer to the *why* a DVD is a credit, or *why* the system told me I needed more $, but at least I now know that DVDs do cost a credit.  And I think they rather contradicted themselves by saying "It is always $0.49 per CD, not per disc.".  Isn't a CD a disc?

The response:
"You do have enough SwapaCD Money to request this CD. It is always $0.49 per CD, not per disc. However, the CD set is 4 discs, so it will cost 4 credits. The DVD disc DOES count as a separate disc. It is true that we do not allow only DVDs to be swapped on our site, we do allow a DVD disc that is included in a CD release to be swapped."

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 2/24/2010 10:11 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I think the point is, a "CD"  is a synonym for a "recording", no matter how many discs it happens to be on.  The Beatles White album is a "CD"...but if it's on two "discs" it's two credits.   If you order a version recorded on one disc, it's going to be one credit.