Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: My first question is...

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
showme (Lee B.)

Subject: My first question is...
Date Posted: 1/28/2010 8:39 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Hey, folks, this is my first time on this forum, and I can't seem to find the answer to a simple question yet, so here goes. I have a cd on my tower and have received a message "waiting 48 hours for other member to confirm that they have credit(s) for this cd".  (REserved on 1/27 at 5:30 pm ET) Since I am only a 1 week old member, could someone clarify what exactly this message means to me? I mean, do I need to make a call here, or am I just waiting to find out who is going to get this cd?  Question 2) If someone requests a cd "disc only", will I be considered a jerk if I don't send along the front and rear sleeves with it? I could use them myself on a copy for my collection, right? (Not to be sent to anyone else, of course.)Thanks for the education on this. I know it must seem pretty simple, but I'm still a newbie.

14 (Lars N.)

Date Posted: 1/28/2010 8:55 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

1- Someone had your cd on his/her wishlist and they have now been given 48 hours to respond, to either say "Yes I want it", or "No, I pass", or that person didn't have enough credits earned up so they have been given the opportunity (48 hours) to get/buy a credit.  You don't have to do anything, you will get another email soon.

2- If you get a request "Disc only" you wouldn't be a jerk to send just the disc.  But it would be very nice if you sent the covers along anyway.

showme (Lee B.)

Date Posted: 1/28/2010 9:38 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Thank you!

Azimuth (David H.)

Date Posted: 1/29/2010 4:14 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

But it would be unethical--I would say illegal--to keep a copy of the music after you traded out the original disc. Musicians hate that. (Just so you know.)

showme (Lee B.)

Date Posted: 1/29/2010 4:02 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

But, if that were the case, this club probably wouldn't even be here, right?

kayote (Kayote B.)

Date Posted: 1/29/2010 6:00 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I don't agree with that.  I don't have copies of any of the CDs I've sent out.  Well, except when I had 2 copies.  I swap away music I don't want for music I do.

The book swapping site is doing fine, and I highly doubt people are keeping copies of their books they send out.

icepeanut (Jean M.)

Date Posted: 1/29/2010 7:56 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I don't think it is legal to keep a copy when you no longer own the original.

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 1/29/2010 10:20 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

"But, if that were the case, this club probably wouldn't even be here, right?"

This site isn't dependent on that practice, no.  It works fine just the way kayote describes it.

showme (Lee B.)

Date Posted: 2/1/2010 12:14 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Right. I'll keep the ones I want. Thank you.