Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Help finding a cd

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
katsb (Kathryn B.)

Subject: Help finding a cd
Date Posted: 1/14/2010 2:03 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I have Seether: Finding Beauty in Negative Places, but it doesnt have the bonus track Careless Whisper on it.  I dont see anything in the database giving the option between the two versions, and I clearly dont want another disc thats the same exact one that I own without that track... Any suggestions?

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 1/14/2010 4:07 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

You mean you have it on your wish list? 

Unless I'm missing something important, I think what we have to conclude is that the current version of the SACD database doesn't contain the version of Finding Beauty in Negative Places with the 13th track.  I wouldn't wishlist either, unless you feel like having that conversation with traders about each offered copy.  (i.e. "Does your copy have 'Careless Whisper' on it?")

The database has its thin spots...

If you "have it", meaning you want to put it up trade, I'd offer it on the bazaar.  The only versions recognized here are the 12-track versions. 

katsb (Kathryn B.)

Date Posted: 1/14/2010 4:43 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

No, I mean I have the cd without the bonus track, but I abosolutely want the cd WITH the bonus track, but didnt want to wishlist the cd if I wasnt going to get one with the bonus track.  I guess its just a deficiency of the site that they dont differentiate... Is there a way to fix that?

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 1/14/2010 9:23 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Well, not a "deficiency", exactly, but a fact.  The site only admits the existence of a set number of CDs, for better or worse.  Everybody runs into it sooner or later.  If you're looking it up by the UPC, and you're not finding that exact bonus-track CD, then it isn't SACD's universe, for some reason.  

The trick is, don't look it up by the band name or album name, but by the UPC.  Don't guess.  Unless the tracks match *exactly* without the UPC, listing it anyway is bound to be a problem.  Others can probably explain it better than that, but that's my take on it.