Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: How to sell Box sets?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
pvc (Marilyn P.)

Subject: How to sell Box sets?
Date Posted: 5/29/2009 1:28 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I have some box sets that I want to post on my Tower and/or offer in the CD Bazaar.

I was thinking of offering a deal in the CD Bazaar for one box set for 1 credit (complete with the hard to replace jewel case) plus one regular CD order from my tower.  The combination of a box set plus a single CD for 2 credits would allow me to combine shipping and it would also be beneficial for the receiver to get the original jewel box.  I have seen this type of deal in the CD Bazaar before.

Or I could just post the box set on my Tower.  But If I sell one box set for 1 credit from my tower then I will not be shipping the original jewel box.

So I have a couple of questions.  Will the requestor be upset about not receiving the original jewel box when ordering one box set for 1 credit from my tower?  Is it possible to give the same two for two offer (plus original jewel box) by PM’ing the requestor?

bossajake (Patrick J.)

Date Posted: 5/29/2009 6:30 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

hi marilyn

i may be interested in whatever box sets you're talking about, please pm me a list and let me know what you have and what you want for them.

im confused by your question though - box sets go into the system as the same number of credits as there are discs in the set.  you can offer  almost any deal you want in the bazaar if you want to discount them to move them quicker. sending the cases is optional although all would agree it is much nicer to get the case when you order a set but you are not required to send it.

let me know what you have :)  patrick   bossajake

pvc (Marilyn P.)

Date Posted: 5/29/2009 10:00 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Oh Yes you are right.  Some of my box sets do say Number of Discs/SwapaCD Credits: 2.  I was assuming 1 credit for 1 whatever.

Now I'm confused too, about this box set that says only 1 credit.  Is it a database problem?

Elvis Presley :: The Elvis Presley Collection: From the Heart [Time-Life]

Last Edited on: 5/29/09 10:12 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
pvc (Marilyn P.)

Date Posted: 5/29/2009 11:05 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Patrick;  I can send you a list later after I build a list of things to be oferred in the Bazaar.  But I won't get to that until after I return from a weeks vacation.

Dan (for Marilyn)

pvc (Marilyn P.)

Date Posted: 5/29/2009 11:28 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Well, not knowing what else to do I'm thinking that I will have to post this box set as an unpostable in the CD Bazaar.

Elvis Presley :: The Elvis Presley Collection: From the Heart [Time-Life]

Too bad, it's a wish listed item.  But if I put it on my tower it get's listed as 1 credit instead of 2 credits.

Dan (for Marilyn)

SwapaCDTeam (SwapaCD Team A.)
SwapaCD Team

Date Posted: 5/29/2009 12:23 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

If you ever think there is a disc count error in the database, just click Contact Us at the bottom of any page and then Send Us Feedback. Let us know the album title and the number of discs you have, and we will look into it and update our database if necessary. I have sent a request to our data provider to have this Elvis Collection changed to 2 discs, worth 2 credits- please allow up to three days for them to update our system.

pvc (Marilyn P.)

Date Posted: 5/29/2009 3:11 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Thanks. 

Dan (for Marilyn)

Last Edited on: 6/5/09 5:24 PM ET - Total times edited: 1