Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: k. d. won't post?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
timshel (Patrick N.)

Subject: k. d. won't post?
Date Posted: 5/26/2009 6:17 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Just posted over 100 CDs and am down to several that can't be posted plus one problem child. Have tried to post k. d. Lang's Ingenue but have been unable to get it posted. I can find the CD just fine, but when I push the button to post it I get kicked back to the "Post CDs" start page. This a system glitch? Do I need to report it?

Thanks,

Pat

bossajake (Patrick J.)

Subject: browser glitch
Date Posted: 5/27/2009 4:19 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

hi patrick

i believe this is indeed a glitch which apparently affects some of us using one particular version of the internet explorer browser, ie7 i think.  you'll see this problem whenever you're dealing with a cd title or artist name that uses some odd punctuation mark over one of the letters.  in this case it's the title ingenue that has a mark over one of the letters.

to work around this you can use the feedback feature here on the site and simply ask the staff to post it for you, don't forget to tell them if it's with full art or not - they are always happy to help out.  i just give them the name and title but sometimes the link from the page on the site is helpful to them.

apparently you can solve the problem by changing to a different version of the ie browser or switching to a different browser entirely.  i choose to just drop the staff a note whenever i can't post one of these oddball listings or if i need one added to my wishlist.  you never know what other issues will pop up when you change to a different browser.

hope this helps,   patrick   bossajake

timshel (Patrick N.)

Date Posted: 5/27/2009 2:45 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Thanks! That makes sense. Coincidentally, I noticed that the first CD I requested since I joined SaCD is being sent by you.

Pat

14 (Lars N.)

Date Posted: 5/28/2009 2:06 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I used to have problems posting (some) cds too and it was indeed a problem due to IE.  Besides notifying the staff, which is a good thing, I bypassed the problem by using Firefox to post the problematic cds.

Lenny (Lenny S.)

Date Posted: 5/29/2009 3:15 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I have the same problem posting El Corazon by Steve Earle - my wife's machine uses Firefox, maybe I'll try over there.

IE8 doesn't fix the problem

SwapaCDTeam (SwapaCD Team A.)
SwapaCD Team

Date Posted: 6/3/2009 12:05 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Anytime you have a problem posting or Wish Listing a CD, check to see if it has one of these odd punctuation marks in the artist or album name. If so, we will have to post or Wish List it for you until we have a solution for the IE users (you could also just use Firefox and it won't be a problem). Just send us Feedback and make sure to include the exact album title, or even better, just copy the URL to the correct listing in our database. If you need it Wish Listed, include the ranking you wish to give it and whether you want Auto Request or 48 Hour Offer. If you need it posted, make sure to let us know which inserts you have available.