Discussion Forums - CD Bazaar

Topic: FREE CDs thread Random acts and gift horses -- post them here. No strings

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:
icberry (IC B.)

Subject: FREE CDs thread Random acts and gift horses -- post them here. No strings
Date Posted: 4/29/2009 11:53 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I'd love to have a thread here to post CDs we are willing to send free for the asking.  I have things I'd do that for, if I thought they'd find a good home. 

I propose the following guidelines for free CDs.

1. They should be really FREE.  No "free with..." Just ...free.  Free because you'd rather see them loved than ignored on your own shelf.  As a random act of kindness.

2. As with gift horses, no need for tooth-by-tooth condtion disclosure, but if you want, you can give us a sense of general condition. 

3. How many free CDs will you send at a time?  One for .79 seems reasonable.  You tell us what you're willing to do.

Your comments welcome.  I'll start the list. 

[TAKEN]FREE to good home:  Alabama's Greatest Hits, Vol. 2.  Artwork slightly grayed by what looks like smoke.  (For a long time I thought it was part of the design!) Otherwise fine and postable.  [TAKEN]

Greatest Hits, Vol. 2
  Title: Greatest Hits, Vol. 2
Artist: Alabama
Release Date: 1991

Last Edited on: 5/1/09 3:28 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
bossajake (Patrick J.)

Subject: Can I Play?
Date Posted: 4/30/2009 5:02 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Ok - I'll play along with IC's generous give-away plan :)

Is it okay if i at least "ask" that any takers browse my tower?  Or is that too much of a "string"?  You don't have to order anything, just take a quick look, maybe you'll find something i can send along with it.  I have 3300 cds posted across most genres and the tower is searchable by genre to help you find just what interests you - you really don't have to page through thousands of discs that don't appeal to you.

Your FREE, "No Strings" options are:

The Beatles: Past Masters Volume Two.  This disc is loaded with Beatles Classics and is Wishlisted here on the site but my copy skips on track four.  It's pretty minor really, the disc surface looks great but there is a tiny spot that causes a skip on that one track.  There are 14 other amazing Beatles tunes here.  A great one to toss in your car and not have to worry about scuffing it up :)

Or (not and) P.D.Q. Bach at Carnegie Hall - An Hysteric Return.  Another Wishlisted title here on the site, this is an unusual Classical Music Comedy Album - I know, go figure, who would have thought Classical Music could be Fun or Funny ;~)  It helps if you have some background knowledge of Classical Music or some of the gimmicks will go over your head - I had to think back to 5th grade music class to get some of the references made and i'm sure i only got about 25% of the jokes but it was funny and quite interesting really.  If you're not familiar with PDQ Bach this is a nice sampler.  It is a former library copy with heavy scuffing, it didn't skip when i played it but track one was fuzzy, the rest of the cd played fine.  Hey - what do you expect for free? :)

Ok - those are my Freebies - any takers?  They are shipped for free too!  anyone else have something to offer For Free?

Patrick     bossajake  :)

ok - these two are spoken for but  i'll find some more to put up here but we need more players in this game :)

- An Hysteric Return

The Beatles - Past Masters, Vol. 2

Last Edited on: 4/30/09 7:55 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 4/30/2009 4:56 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Patrick, I'm PMing you now...

sinistar (George S.)

Date Posted: 5/2/2009 3:46 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Ah, the spirit of giving! I'll throw a couple of things I have multiple copies of into the ring and even offer two copies of each [EDIT: 1 copy of each remaining]...

Robertson's Good Rare Wine - Everything Is Plaid
This is a CD from singer-songwriter Robertson "Bob" Scott,  a local artist here in eastern North Carolina who passed away a few years ago. The CD wasa labor of love for Bob and anyone who likes the singer-songwriter "genre" will probably find the disc interesting. Sort of a James Taylor meets David Bowie at Bob Marley's house kind of thing. This one is unpostable so even if you wanted to you cannot find it on my tower.

Bulletboys - Freakshow
Not the 'Boys biggest release but it does feature the excellent "Hang On St. Christopher" and was their last for Warner Brothers. Hair metal... ya gotta love the '80s. This one is a cut-out so there is a sawmark in the rear artwork but what d'ya want for free?

Just post which freebie you want here and PM and I will get it out to you the first of next week.

If you miss the no-strings-attached copies and still want a free one of either of these, you could probably talk me into throwing in a copy with any order from my tower... I have a few of each.

Last Edited on: 5/11/09 9:02 AM ET - Total times edited: 3
wandersoul73 (James B.)

Date Posted: 5/2/2009 5:37 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Hey George, I'd love to have the Bulletboys - Freakshow cd! I'm a huge hair-metal fan. Thanks so much.

james

wandersoul73 (James B.)

Date Posted: 5/2/2009 8:02 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Hi all, I'd like to throw a cd into the mix. The other day I got a copy of Everclear - Sparkle & Fade and low and behold I already had it. So it's up for the taking, just simply ask. Have a great weekend!

Go to fullsize image

james

PoopsMcgee (John D.)

Date Posted: 5/2/2009 3:13 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I've got some to offer:

Black Lab - Your Body Above Me All Art

Live - Throwing Copper All Art

The Cable Guy Soundtrack All Art

Sheryl Crow - Strong Enough CD Single All Art

Go Buttons - Starter Kit Still Sealed

Atomic Babies - Breuklen Heightz All Art

D4 - 6twenty All Art

Frente - Marvin The Album All Art

Go Go's - God Bless The Go-Gos All Art

Go Station - Quiet Zone Still Sealed

Hanson - I Wil Come To You Single All Art

Lucious Jackson - Natural Ingredients All Art

Mouth - Foreward Still Sealed

Rich Creamy Paint All Art

Fantasia Original Soundtrack CD 2 All Art

Fantasia Original Soundtrack Remastered CD 2 All Art

Queens of the Stone Age - Sick, Sick, Sick 1 track Promo CD only

Absolutely free, would love to ship with something else on my tower to save on shipping cost, but not necessary.

JD

Last Edited on: 5/2/09 3:16 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
icberry (IC B.)

Subject: MORE gift horses...
Date Posted: 5/3/2009 11:48 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

This is really kind of cool! Here are some more from my tower. They really want to be played!

The Donnas: Spend the Night. This is the limited edition bonus DVD disk ONLY. [TAKEN]

Danny Elfman, "Hero" from the original score of the Spiderman film, by Chad Kroeger and featuring Josey Scott.

Danny Daniels, Leaving on the Special. They love it on the Telecaster Guitar Forum, "...Blues for the love of blues". TAKEN

Sista Monica: Live in Europe. TAKEN

Taylor P. Collins. TAKEN

Spirituals. TAKEN

Mystic Rhythms. The music is much better than the band name. I have three brand new copies of this one and for some reason they've never found a home. "Mystic Rhythms is a fusion of native American and tribal Indian chanting/singing, with high quality and exciting synth and rhythm-laced grooves. The highlight here is the superlative electronica....." ONE TAKEN

Cocktails and Classics: A Musical Blend of Spirits. Mix it up with a cool blend of contemporary vibes and smooth jazz. From Genius Entertainment. "The Perfect Compliment for an Intimate Gathering".TAKEN

ALSO: free to good home:

Cher: Believe  TAKEN

Hanson: Middle of Nowhere

Hanson: 3 Car Garage: Indie Recordings, 95-96.
Aaron Carter: Aaron's Dance Party (Come Get It).

Madonna: Ray of Light  TAKEN

All include the art, good condition, etc. Have a look at my incredibly diverse and practically unclassifiable tower, should you so desire.

Last Edited on: 5/31/09 7:37 PM ET - Total times edited: 4
bossajake (Patrick J.)

Date Posted: 5/4/2009 12:45 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

hi ic

everytime i see that cocktails and classics disc it catches my eye - but we had a conversation on that long ago if you recall so i'll pass on it

...but i can't pass on sister monica! :)

please set her aside for me until the next time we trade, unless you just want to get her out of your house asap :)  as usual i'm buried in discs and backlogged on listening for months at least.

i forgot to mention that the pdq bach is disc only, don't get your hopes up on that one because of it's condition but i was not familiar with his unique style so found even this rough disc very interesting.  if you have fond memories relating to it i'm sure it will be of some pleasure, so enjoy

i'll look for the others you mentioned, you always pick the obscure oddballs that i can't seem to recall so i'll begin the "hunt" shortly.

thanks for initiating (and coming back to play) the freebie game again, i'll try to find some more unusual and interesting things to post in this thread too.

patrick    bossajake

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 5/7/2009 11:36 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
just wanted to give the FREE CDs thread a chance -- bump!
wandersoul73 (James B.)

Date Posted: 5/8/2009 3:28 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Everclear has been claimed.

thanks,

james

Debi (Debi M.)

Subject: I have some christian cd's--a big mix free to a good home.
Date Posted: 5/8/2009 5:09 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Some with art but most disc only. Also some N'SYNC, Madonna, etc. More than 25 cd's can be yours 4 the asking. Blessings, debi
wandersoul73 (James B.)

Date Posted: 5/8/2009 5:30 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Last Edited on: 5/8/09 7:50 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Debi (Debi M.)

Subject: Sure James but those are my tower Cd's. I can send them w/ dvd's
Date Posted: 5/8/2009 7:05 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
wandersoul73 (James B.)

Date Posted: 5/8/2009 7:50 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Oh, I'm so sorry nevermind. Boy, do I feel dumb lol.

thanks,

james

Craig (Craig W.)

Date Posted: 5/9/2009 8:09 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

free: all the mxpx, from autumn to ashes, backstreet boys, nsync, destinys child, bon jovi, mariah carey, coretta scott,and madonna on my tower are free - just pm me and let me know. i would prefer someone to take them all at once to save on shipping... but it's your choice

Last Edited on: 5/9/09 8:21 PM ET - Total times edited: 4
bossajake (Patrick J.)

Date Posted: 5/9/2009 8:53 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

hi craig  - pretty generous offer  - i pm'd you  patrick

brandy (Brandy W.)

Date Posted: 5/9/2009 9:26 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Here are some free ones from me , I try to add more.

1. Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame Vol. XIV- Only You (disc only)

2. 41 Great College Victory songs disc 2 (part of a 2 disc set and only disc 2 is available. Front and Back inserts)

elpe (Ellen P.)

Subject: Looking to donate your free/unwanted CDs?
Date Posted: 5/9/2009 10:58 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I will gladly accept any free/unwanted CDs and send them on in troop care packages via a nonprofit organization I volunteer with.

Please send me a PM if you are interested.

bossajake (Patrick J.)

Date Posted: 5/9/2009 11:23 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

hi ellen

great idea - i used to do that with books, sent several boxes over to iraq a few years ago :)  patrick

Craig (Craig W.)

Date Posted: 5/9/2009 11:49 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

my cds have been taken:) - thanks

bossajake (Patrick J.)

Subject: Robyn Hitchcock - Jewels For Sophia Wishlisted Cd
Date Posted: 5/26/2009 3:27 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

ok - here's another wishlisted freebie! :)         Robyn Hitchcock's Jewels for Sophia 

it's free, no strings, to anyone who wants it but i do ask that you take a quick look at my tower (but you don't have to) - but maybe you'll see something else you'd like that it can share the ride with :)  .  you can search my tower by genre and even sub-genre - i have nearly 200 alternative rock cds posted and over 2000 rock cds across all sub-genres :)

it's badly scuffed and i haven't soundchecked but the scuffing is fairly light (no deep gauges) so it but it might play ok and it comes with front art

All Music Guide Review:

The slight failure of Robyn Hitchcock's Jewels for Sophia is by no means the fault of his songs -- they are as tuneful and ridiculous as ever. But after his close to the bone Moss Elixir, Hitchcock's regressed into goofiness, hiding behind a noisy band on some tracks. Compadre Tim Keegan on guitar and producers Jon Brion and Pat Collier come up with the best work like the techno/folk "Dark Princess" and the acoustic, Dylanesque "You've Got a Sweet Mouth on You, Baby." The jangling "Sally Was a Legend" reunites Hitchcock with ex-Soft Boy Kimberly Rew on guitar. Yet the ramshackle inanity of "Viva! Sea Tac" and "Elizabeth Jade," provided by Peter Buck, three-fourths of The Young Fresh Fellows, and a recording crew in Seattle, are silly self-parody. Conversely, the gentle "I Feel Beautiful" with Grant Lee Phillips on harmony and the bonus song, "Don't Talk to Me About Gene Hackman," are the kinds of spare composition at which Hitchcock has come to master. ~ Denise Sullivan, All Music Guide

Jewels for Sophia

this is taken already - didn't last long :)  but i'll post something else shortly :)  patrick

Last Edited on: 5/26/09 9:38 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
wandersoul73 (James B.)

Date Posted: 5/26/2009 9:32 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I'd like to have the Robyn Hitchcock's Jewels for Sophia , Patrick! If it's not been claimed that is.

thanks,

james

icberry (IC B.)

Subject: [TAKEN] Danny Elfman, The Donnas, Broadway Classics FREE
Date Posted: 5/30/2009 11:11 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

All have found new homes -- more to come! --ICB

Free -- all art included:

Broadway Classics [TAKEN]
Track listing
1. Oklahoma Overture
2. The Impossible Dream
3. Hello Young Lovers
4. South Pacific Overture
5. Everythin's Coming Up Roses
6. Hello Dolly
7. Can-Can Overture
8. Carousel Waltz
9. My Fair Lady Overture
10. New York, New York
11. West Side Story
12. Stranger In Paradise

The Donnas: Spend the Night (Limited Edition Bonus DVD) [TAKEN]

Danny Elfman, "Original Song: Hero" from the film Spiderman. (This is an industry promo, marked, "For Your Consideration")[TAKEN]

PM me....

Last Edited on: 6/4/09 7:06 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
scotso (Scott C.)

Date Posted: 5/31/2009 10:50 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Title: Greatest Hits
Artist: Pat Benatar

Page: