Discussion Forums - International

Topic: Trio Los Panchos

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
zantman (Michael S.)

Subject: Trio Los Panchos
Date Posted: 1/23/2009 7:59 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I have two Los Panchos cds that even though they have UPC 's cannot be posted . They are Trio Los Panchos Con Mariachi a hard to find discontinued disc and Trio Los Panchos 20 Super Sucessos also dicontinued and hard to find.Will trade both for 1 credit

Cedarbend (Colleen A.)

Subject: Hispanic music
Date Posted: 3/25/2009 10:23 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I grew up in a "smallish" Colorado high-mountain town.  We were a very diverse community and my brother and I were the only  "Anglo" kids on the block.  Consequently, I heard lots of Mexican music in my friend's homes.  The mother would put on a stack of 45's and clean house to the music.  I absolutely love it to this day, but don't know who the musicians were, what the names of the songs were or even the syle so that I could search for what I want.  These were mostly people from central and southern Colorado and northern New Mexico.  The music was lively, kind of "polka" like, lots of  "aye-yi-yis" shouted.  Can anyone help out?  I don't know if it was tejana, conjunto or what. BTW, this was in the 60's.

What is Trio Los Panchos like?