Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Restriction on # of forum posts per day?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
James B.

Subject: Restriction on # of forum posts per day?
Date Posted: 10/21/2008 7:42 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I just posted like 20 messags in the bazaar and someone just PM'ed me and said there is a limit of 2 messages per day?! I just reviewed the rules and don't see this rule listed anywhere! I know some people may be annoyed by multiple posts but it just makes more sense that posting one long list of items available because people will not know what is in the list without opening the message whereas having the title of each item in a separate post lets them know right away.

Anyway - is this actually a rule? And if so, where is the rule posted??

djtal (Daniel T.)

Date Posted: 10/22/2008 7:38 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I don't know if there's a rule about that or not.  I think you'd have better luck if you put them all in the same post.  For anyone who might be interested in those albums, it's a lot more work to have to keep opening up separate posts instead of just being able to peruse a list in a single post.  Just my opinion.

rXrCDs (Melissa B.)

Date Posted: 10/22/2008 9:52 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

From the sticky post "Rules for swapping in the Bazaar" which is the first post in the Bazaar:

In the CD Bazaar, each member may start a maximum of 2 topics per day, and may "bump" a topic only once per day (not the same day that the topic was started).  This is a rule.

• Do not continue to "bump" your older topics to the front page if you have any listings there already.
  • Combine your listings! Any more than 2 on the front page from the same member will cause all of your listings to be deleted.
  • This is to permit everyone to have a chance to have their topic appear on the front page for a while, and not be "crowded out" by one relentless poster.

Last Edited on: 10/22/08 9:53 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
iamthed (Alex D.)

Date Posted: 10/22/2008 10:37 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Here is a direct link to the "Rules for Swapping in the Bazaar" thread.

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 10/22/2008 12:38 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Don't worry about it, James -- it's no biggie.   I do think Daniel's got a point, though -- most of us are used to opening up one message and finding a bunch of things listed in it.  Glad to have you here!

kayote (Kayote B.)

Date Posted: 10/23/2008 2:03 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Think of the poor person who posted right before you posted 20.  They didn't get to be on the front page hardly at all, because you wanted so many individual posts.

If you don't want to post them all in one big list that's fine--but you can only post a couple a day, so everyone can play in the Bazaar.

bossajake (Patrick J.)

Date Posted: 11/3/2008 11:14 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

hello - yes it seems that this is a rule, i just had all my bazaar posts cancelled by the site.

i thought i was limited to 2 posts in the bazaar per day - this is true but apparently  it's also true that you are limited to only 2 posts on the "first page" of the bazaar

it said somewhere that i could combine older posts into one post but i have not figured out how to do this

any suggestions, let me kow

thanks and good luck - patrick

kayote (Kayote B.)

Date Posted: 11/3/2008 4:13 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Pat: They might mean you can edit your post and just copy & paste other posts into it, thus combining them.  Rather than a button, just do it via editing yourself.