Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Can you not send to a certain member...??

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
JJC (Jason C.)

Subject: Can you not send to a certain member...??
Date Posted: 7/22/2008 3:54 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I've sent two CDs over the past 2 months to the same member, and this member sought fit to mark them either wrong and or damaged, and I'm sorry maybe I'm a bit too streetsmart, but that's just to much of a coincidence to me. I send out great conditioned stuff and (exceot for this person) always marked correctly...Is there a way not to send to a certain person, and avoid this kind of b.s.!?

iamthed (Alex D.)

Date Posted: 7/22/2008 4:28 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

No, there is not a way to blacklist a particular member. 

How was your CD the wrong album? Was it a promotional/hole-punched CD?

Last Edited on: 7/22/08 4:31 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
djtal (Daniel T.)

Date Posted: 7/23/2008 9:13 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

When you see who the disc is going to, can you cancel the trade?

Kerensky97 (Dustin B.)

Date Posted: 7/23/2008 4:44 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I agree it would be nice to blacklist a member.  I don't mean to be a jerk but in my opinion a few people deserve it; if I don't like a person I don't want to be giving them my good music I can be sending to somebody more deserving.

I'm a big believer in karma so that a poor community member should be ignored by the community they took advantage of.  But on a system like this it's hard to deny service to jerks unless you've got a great memory, even then I'm not sure if the wait in line can be bypassed and the CD given to the next person.  It's rare I even want to blacklist somebody, but a couple people here I don't want to ship CDs to.

iamthed (Alex D.)

Date Posted: 7/23/2008 8:59 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

"When you see who the disc is going to, can you cancel the trade?"

Yes, I believe you can cancel.  But the requestor will go back to #1 in line for that CD, and you can't get around that.

djtal (Daniel T.)

Date Posted: 7/24/2008 12:10 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

"When you see who the disc is going to, can you cancel the trade?"

"Yes, I believe you can cancel.  But the requestor will go back to #1 in line for that CD, and you can't get around that."

Then you go trade the disc on another site.  ;-)

Yes, it'd be nice to have a list of people you won't ship to.  I'd especially like a list of people I won't accept a trade from!

Natch (Joe V.)

Date Posted: 7/24/2008 9:45 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

When you see who the disc is going to, can you cancel the trade?

I think the disc will be removed from your tower if you cancel the trade.  I suppose you can turn around and list it again, but as iamthed said, the requestor will be #1 in line for the CD and you'll be back at square one.

Leslie G.

Date Posted: 8/14/2008 10:07 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I had the same kind of problem.  And I sent the guy out 2 free ones because he said he never recieved the other ones I sent.  I know he did because I was doing a 3 for 1 and he said he only got 1 out of the 3 and I know I put all 3 in the envelope.  So now he has gotten 4 for free.  I got so disgusted I took all my cds off the site.  I know he is in the minority but, I belong to PBS and swap a dvd and never had this kind of problem.

pamfield (Pamela C.)

Date Posted: 8/18/2008 12:03 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

You can view a list of transactions by going to your "My Account" home page and clicking "Transaction Archive" tab. I am not suggesting that you blacklist any member but think you can figure out with whom the problem might be if you examine the "Transaction Archive."