Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Help Please...CD receiver...receiver says WRONG CD???

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
MINI-NANA (Robin F.)

Subject: Help Please...CD receiver...receiver says WRONG CD???
Date Posted: 1/5/2008 7:09 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I listed a QUEEN "The Game" cd. The tracks matched exactly as required. What do I do now?

twintoni (Toni B.)

Date Posted: 1/5/2008 7:30 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

when you listed the CD did you have a UPC code? if you didn't and searched for the title and used the UPC code from a CD that matched the tracks, you may have listed a different edition or a remaster. some collectors are looking for a specific issue of a CD.

MINI-NANA (Robin F.)

Subject: RE: Help
Date Posted: 1/5/2008 8:02 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

The UPC on the cd didn't come up, so I searched for the version that had the exact track listings and they matched, so I thought it was OK to list. Should I refund the credit or wait until the receiver asks? I did PM him and he has not gotten back to me. I guess he gets to keep the CD with all the correct tracks and I'm out the credit?

Thanks for the help.

tompee (Tompee Z.)

Date Posted: 1/5/2008 9:21 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

maybe you listed a remastered edition but the one you had was the original version? some remasters have the exact same tracklisting but remasters are a whole different thing from originals

MINI-NANA (Robin F.)

Date Posted: 1/5/2008 9:43 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

It's all been taken care of. He has been refunded his credit and keeps the cd as I don't want to pay twice for shipping it. It is not worth one credit to get it back and save for later listing. Ez come EZ go...LOL

bru87tr (R. B.)

Date Posted: 1/7/2008 10:03 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I know some canadian cd's dont come up in the database via UPC. I have to list it manually as close as possible. no complaints yet.

kayote (Kayote B.)

Date Posted: 1/8/2008 12:02 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

If the title doesn't say "remaster" and the artist/title/tracks all match--then the sender has fulfilled all the requirements I've seen on the site.

MINI-NANA (Robin F.)

Subject: UPDATE!
Date Posted: 1/8/2008 6:35 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Today I received a response from my feedback question and in fact, all requirements were met, so my archive record has been adjusted. I keep the credit.

I appreciate the help here and I still learned something...LOL

I will try and be more aware of just what I post so I don't offend anyone, especially collectors.

Thanks again all.

Robin F. MINI-NANA

iamthed (Alex D.)

Date Posted: 1/9/2008 4:51 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

It was a 24K Gold Original Master Recording version. 

I've been discussing the issue with SaCD and I'll report back once I get some indication of how they will be choosing to handle these type of situations.