Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Listing the wrong version of a CD

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
DonDee (Don W.)

Subject: Listing the wrong version of a CD
Date Posted: 9/21/2007 12:44 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers out there, but I want to list a CD and the closest match I get is listed as a remaster but I know mine is not and I know that listing it would be considered blasphemous to all the audiophile purists out there. So should I list the CD as a remaster with the correct tracks listed or as a different version of the CD with the wrong track listing???

kayote (Kayote B.)

Date Posted: 9/21/2007 9:01 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Neither, unfortunately. :(

Put it in the CD Bazaar as an unpostable.

If you *must* list it via the DB, the least problematic way to do it would be to list it with the tracks matching, then PM the requestor to let them know it's not the remaster.  And if they don't want it (or don't answer) YOU need to then cancel, so their request can go on to the next in line. (And if there are no more, you need to not relist it until it's off their WL, or it will just be offered right back to them).

MeadowbrookManor (Patrick C.)

Date Posted: 9/21/2007 12:59 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Bummer - but it happens (and with books too, occasionally). Is there a UPC? What're the details?

DonDee (Don W.)

Date Posted: 9/22/2007 1:17 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I have Bon Jovi's New Jersey CD, and there are only 4 matches. The only one with the same tracks listed is the Remaster version. I will try and remember to PM the person if someone orders it.

Desorow (Bob P.)

Date Posted: 9/22/2007 2:56 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Don, I have the exact same issue with Tom Petty & The Heartbreaker's first album. The only listing is for the remaster. I've already listed it in the Bazaar, but no takers. Then again, not everyone reads the forums.

I too may just go ahead and list the remaster, then PM the requestor prior to mailing. If this is what we must do to compensate for a deficient database, then so be it.

Let us all know how it worked out for you. Good luck.....to us both.

Jay-in-TN (Jay S.)

Date Posted: 9/23/2007 6:44 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Same situation here.  I didn't have matches for 'Who's Next', Floyd's 'Wish You Were Here', or Elvis Costello's 'Punch The Clock'.  In each case, I PM'd the requestor, stating it was the regular issue without bonus tracks or remastering.  All three replied saying the regular CD would be fine, as that's all they were looking for.  

Classicana (Anna B.)

Date Posted: 9/23/2007 9:07 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I agree - a PM is the way to go to keep everyone happy.  If, like me, the requestor has every edition in the database listed on their wishlist because they just want any one of them, or if they are wanting only one particular edition , we all appreciate that PM and are more likely to check out your cd list the next time we're browsing... 

novelwriter (Melanie W.)

Subject: A similar problem
Date Posted: 11/11/2007 11:43 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Hi

I just wanted you to know I am having a similar problem with my Amy Grant  Greatest Hits 1986-2004.  I would love to  give a review of the cd but my cd doesn't match exactly.  Here is the track list:

The Water

Come Be With Me (Featuring Keb' Mo)

The Next Time I Fall (Duet With Peter Cetera)

Saved By Love

Lead Me On

Baby Baby

Every Heartbeat-Edited Version

That's What Love Is For

Good For Me

I Wil Remember You

Lucky One

House of Love (Duet with Vince Gill)

Big Yellow Taxi-The Paradise Mix

The Things We Do For Love

Takes A Little Time

Like I Loe You

I Will Be Your Friend

Simple Things

Bonus Track-Baby Baby (Heart In Motion Mix)

djtal (Daniel T.)

Date Posted: 11/14/2007 2:05 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Although I'd like to see everybody trade all their discs here, some things that you can't trade here can be traded at lala.com without regard to version.  I use both sites.

Last Edited on: 11/14/07 2:06 PM ET - Total times edited: 1