Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: CDs with Artwork and Cases

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Sharon F.

Subject: CDs with Artwork and Cases
Date Posted: 2/8/2022 8:37 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Since I'm willing to pay more to send my CDs with the artwork and jewel cases, shouldn't I get more credits for them?  Wouldn't that be an incentive to ship with all the components???

(((*.*))) Sharon

Michelle D.

Subject: No
Date Posted: 3/1/2022 5:33 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Your CD may not be requested if it doesn't have all of the inserts. Some collectors will only get it if everything is included. You already don't have to ship with a case, that's just a courtesy. 

Last Edited on: 3/1/22 5:34 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Laurie R.

Subject: CD without art and case
Date Posted: 1/23/2024 4:42 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Is there a way to indicate you won't accept a CD that is without the art and cae?

TracyB (Tracy B.)

Date Posted: 1/24/2024 11:47 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Laurie,

Artwork yes - case no.  

When you put a CD on your wishlist make sure to select FB Disc, Front & Back inserts.  Provided the sender posted their CD correctly, you should receive all the components.  I have only had a very small number of transactions that didn't have the artwork I requested.  Once the artwork was a copy and the other time it was glued to a piece of plastic......unusable.

Because plastic cases aren't unique (you can swap out with another case) the sender isn't required to send those.

But, if the case and the artwork are one in the same, you sender should send you both.

markg731 (Mark G.)

Date Posted: 1/26/2024 9:27 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I also with there were a way to rate the condition of front and back inserts (AND CDs). SwapaCD guidelines state that as long as the CD plays, the condition of the inserts doesn't matter. They can be torn, warped, cut, bent, or otherwise damaged and as long as the CD plays, there is no recourse. They do suggest to senders that if the artwork is damaged to list their CD as Disc-only. However, I still get damaged artwork. It's a low percentage, but it still happend. I just received a CD that was posted as Disc, Front & Back inserts. The inserts were so badly water damaged that I just threw them out. I could not even open the front insert. I would NOT have requested the CD without inserts.