Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Can someone please tell me what a CD actually costs me to order?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Marie C.

Subject: Can someone please tell me what a CD actually costs me to order?
Date Posted: 3/31/2021 11:34 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I guess I am mathamatically challenged and I hope someone can tell me what it really costs to order a CD

I paid $20 to join (maybe we won't count that)

Say I got the CD for .25

I listed said CD and someone requested it and postage cost me $2.89 (and we won't count the bubble envelope I usually use).

I order a CD.  I know there is a charge but I'm not sure what it is???

Someone else pays the postage to send it to me so no cost there to me.

So, how much does ordering a CD actually cost me?  Help?  

Macybooks

noizemonger (Brad L.)

Date Posted: 3/31/2021 11:59 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Each time you place an order, SwapaCD charges you $0.49. I believe that is deducted from the $20 you paid because there is no membership fee. This amount is shown onscreen as "Money" listed right after your number of credits. Hope that helps!

Marie C.

Subject: Can someone please tell me what a CD actually costs me to order?
Date Posted: 4/1/2021 5:49 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I knew I was paying something when I ordered but I could not figure it out.

So .49 cent  from the $20.00.  Thank you for point this out to me.  I just was puzzled.  Appreciate your help.

ducky (David O.)

Subject: Menu
Date Posted: 7/31/2021 7:08 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

My Account > Money Registry will show the money transaction history.

Similar for credits, My Account > Credit Registry

Money may be added to the account from the Kiosk menu option.

toritime (Jimmy W.)

Date Posted: 8/25/2021 3:24 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

The way I look at it, if the CD you are requesting is something that isn't particularly hard to find elsewhere 2nd hand and in good condition, you are roughly paying the same amount here on SACD as you would if you went and bought it.

SACD values each credit at $3. Now I personally ship things out with a 95 cent stamp, plus a manilla envelope, a piece of cardstock and of course the labels and tape. I buy packs of the envelopes and cardstock at roughly $10 each for 200. So one envelope/cardstock piece is worth five cents, and let's just say the paper ink and tape for labels is another five cents. So the "value" of what I have mailed out is basically $4.05.

In 95% of the cases I could find the CDs I get here on discogs or ebay for 99 cents plus media mail shipping of $2.89, or a total of $3.88.
So basically, I'm breaking even.