Discussion Forums - CD Bazaar

Topic: I'LL SWAP 2 FOR 1 - ON MY WISH LIST

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
chasrecords (Charles S.)

Subject: I'LL SWAP 2 FOR 1 - ON MY WISH LIST
Date Posted: 2/28/2014 4:52 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I HAVE OVER 1500 CD'S ON MY WISH LIST. WILL GIVE 2 CREDITS TO YOU FOR EACH CD YOU WE SWAP.

OR I'LL TRADE FROM MY TOWER WHICH HAS OVER 1500 CD'S. 

ANY TAKERS. PM ME.

Last Edited on: 2/28/14 4:53 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
TracyB (Tracy B.)

Date Posted: 3/1/2014 10:22 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Just so you know ....this is against SWAP rules.  See explanation below.

All CDs at SwapaCD "cost" 1 credit per disc.  (no exceptions)

Offering to "pay" (or asking a requestor to "pay"--see below) more than "SwapaCD price" for a CD is not permitted. 

Why?

• If the CD is Wishlisted, offering more than the SwapaCD "price" for the CD may allow members to leapfrog over others in the Wish List for the CD. This obviously is not fair.
  • Even if the CD is not Wish Listed, a "free market" system could lead to "bidding" for a CD, and auctions are NOT permitted on SwapaCD.
  • One reason is that auctions are subject to state laws, and as SwapaCD members belong to various states, this could be illegal.
  • The other reason is that we want all members to have a fair chance to get CDs on SwapaCD.  Pitting those who have lots of credits to spare against those who don't have a lot of credits at the time goes against a basic concept of SwapaCD--the fair sharing of CDs. Everybody equal.

Asking for more than "SwapaCD price" for a CD is considered CDselling

• CD selling is not permitted at SwapaCD
  • If you feel that your CD is too valuable to be swapped for 1 credit, you should not post it here.

Last Edited on: 3/1/14 10:26 AM ET - Total times edited: 2