Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: New WL

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
crazybluegirl (Kristina R.)

Subject: New WL
Date Posted: 6/5/2007 3:35 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Is anyones new WL working yet. Mine isn't. Maybe I should just wait longer.
myrke (Evan M.)

Date Posted: 6/5/2007 3:37 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Yeah, not working yet either over here, though I guess we should go ahead and give them all of Tuesday to implement it, eh? wink This is exciting stuff.
crazybluegirl (Kristina R.)

Date Posted: 6/5/2007 4:09 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
I'm so excited about the unlimited WL that I don't want to wait.grin
ZepFan (J C.)

Date Posted: 6/5/2007 4:42 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
I've been checking in here all afternoon in hopes of finding all the improvements in place. Maybe I should go clean the house? Nah.
kayote (Kayote B.)

Date Posted: 6/5/2007 5:15 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
It's up.

I like many of the change to the WL: Extra spots, (though unlimited maybe a bit much--hope we don't have the same problems as PBS did) The guess as to how long (I'm curious to see how accurate it is). Positions & number of wishers--hooray (and THANK YOU for not having it be mouse-over to see)!

I'm leery of others (ranking? But the main thing is how long it's been on your WL? So...how does it matter? How vital is it I go through and sort my WL--it's going to be a pain & time consuming...how much will it hurt me to just ignore it? If I can just ignore it and not have people jump me in line, then what's the point?)

Some I don't like. The RL being wrapped up into the WL being the big one. I used them differently--some of my RL was in prep to move to my WL but not all of it. I don't see a way to sort by "listed" or by "Held". And I'm a bit boggled that things on my WL were ranked lower than things on my RL--I realize it was by order added, but obviously I wanted the WL better! I know, I know, I can just hold them on my WL, but why can't I just put them on a different list as a reminder that I wanted to look into them, think about them, or order them if they are available & I'm flush with credits? I'll get used to it, I'm sure, but the RL / WL split worked well for me.

Possibly feeling like the site is being very rude: If I don't have things on AR, then will it ask me if I want to buy credits/deposit money? (Since it skips you if you have them on AR). I don't want to pre-buy, especially if I have CDs in the mail. Why should I have $ tied up here, or spend extra $ on credits, if I have no need of it yet? Forcing me to buy credits just in case the rare occurance of my WL shows up is flat out rude. And I hope that isn't the case if things aren't on AR.
LEDZEPZOSO (Larry S.)

Date Posted: 6/5/2007 5:44 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Thanks for the new wish list. Nice to see that I am first in line for more than 75% of my request. I think the worse I am is #4 for one title. At least I know where I stand.

I think one change would help, is the choice to select/deselect a entire page of hold. I had to go through my entire list and deselect hold.
ZepFan (J C.)

Date Posted: 6/5/2007 6:02 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
I like it, except that I had to go through it and re-order things since most of my reminder items weren't high priority. That took awhile, but now I'm happy. Thanks guys!!

ETA: Everything seems to be working great, except for the few CDs that I would prefer to have on hold - they aren't staying that way.

It must be a Safari thing because they are fine with Firefox.

Last Edited on: 6/5/07 7:35 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
FolkRockFan (Sarah B.)

Date Posted: 6/5/2007 7:44 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Wow. When I said that I would love to see a bigger Wish List, I never thought that it would be THIS big!

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate it.
wtacey (Stacey M.)

Date Posted: 6/5/2007 7:52 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Has anyone figured out how to remover a CD from your WL? I read the new instructions and the help and can't find anything.
Thanks
ZepFan (J C.)

Date Posted: 6/5/2007 8:30 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Make sure you have your wishlist on "expanded view" instead of "condensed view"- there's a pull-down menu at the top right of the wishlist just under "search" and "options". A delete button should show up on the far right of the CD listing. Just click on that to remove it.
92Pony (Wade S.)

Date Posted: 6/7/2007 9:57 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑
I'm diggin' the new WL - thanks SACD team!! grin

Wade
iamthed (Alex D.)

Date Posted: 6/8/2007 2:38 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
So is there any significance to the rank of the Wishlist?
vprosser (Valerie P.)

Date Posted: 6/10/2007 9:44 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑
I like the fact we have an unlimited wishlist. However, I don't get the ranking system. Plus, I wish there was a way to separate the ones available from the ones not available without having to manually change the order.
robert (Robert S.)
SwapaCD Team

Date Posted: 6/10/2007 12:42 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
The ranking in the Wish List is there to allow you to more quickly move through a line for a CD you have ranked higher. The CDs you want the most, put them at the top and in theory you will receive them quicker.

Robert
Co-Founder SwapaCD