Discussion Forums - CD Bazaar

Topic: Taken!

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Jain (Katcha S.)

Subject: Taken!
Date Posted: 5/18/2012 3:06 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I am just do not want to deal with the post office any more. I am prepared to ship all the (50+) discs in my Tower to the member who offers me the most credits for what I have. These cds will come with cover art but NO cases. Please message me with your offer. Thanks!

Last Edited on: 6/3/12 10:59 AM ET - Total times edited: 3
Jain (Katcha S.)

Subject: Bidding still open
Date Posted: 5/22/2012 3:10 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I have received one bid so far and am hoping to have at least a couple more. Thanks

Melanie D.

Date Posted: 5/24/2012 10:23 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Jain "auctions" are not allowed.

Jain (Katcha S.)

Subject: Bazaar info
Date Posted: 5/25/2012 12:54 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Melanie, I did read through the LONG list of Bazzar do's and don'ts and must have ended up more confused than informed.

OK, HOW does one 'exit' this site with trying to pass on inventory to those who would appreciate it AND receive credits that I can then transfer over to a sister site like SawpADVD for using there?!?

kindheart (Pamela D.)

Subject: Not an auction
Date Posted: 5/31/2012 6:48 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I don't think the auction rule applies here. SwapaCD (justly) forbids waitlist cheating -- "jumping the line" -- by offering more than 1 credit (or perhaps cash?) for hard-to-get CDs. You're really offering something like an N for 1 deal where the requestor suggests a deal.

Here's the quote from SwapaCD help docs:

Can I offer/ask more than "SwapaCD price" for a CD?

No.   All CDs at SwapaCD "cost" 1 credit per disc.  (no exceptions)

Offering to "pay" (or asking a requestor to "pay"--see below) more than "SwapaCD price" for a CD is not permitted. 

Why? 

• If the CD is Wishlisted, offering more than the SwapaCD "price" for the CD may allow members to leapfrog over others in the Wish List for the CD. This obviously is not fair.
  • Even if the CD is not Wish Listed, a "free market" system could lead to "bidding" for a CD, and auctions are NOT permitted on SwapaCD.
  • One reason is that auctions are subject to state laws, and as SwapaCD members belong to various states, this could be illegal.
  • The other reason is that we want all members to have a fair chance to get CDs on SwapaCD.  Pitting those who have lots of credits to spare against those who don't have a lot of credits at the time goes against a basic concept of SwapaCD--the fair sharing of CDs. Everybody equal.

Asking for more than "SwapaCD price" for a CD is considered CDselling

• CD selling is not permitted at SwapaCD
  • If you feel that your CD is too valuable to be swapped for 1 credit, you should not post it here.
Jain (Katcha S.)

Subject: Taken - thanks!
Date Posted: 6/3/2012 10:58 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Congrats to Pam and may she enjoy swapping these too.