Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Posted/Available CD showing W and A

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
thk (Linda S.)

Subject: Posted/Available CD showing W and A
Date Posted: 8/14/2008 11:13 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I checked CDs by Nicholas Gunn.  A couple were green for "available". 

Mysteriously to me, one of them showed both a W for wish-listed, and A for auto-request!!!!!!  Don't quite see how that is possible.

I'm speculating that it might mean only that someone has it on a wish-list, on hold.  But I would not have thought the system would be designed that way.  Another idea is that the person who has it wish-listed is out of credits right now, and PBS is giving them 48 housr to get some and respond.

Your ideas???  I looked a while in the Help Center, and did not see anything that specific.

iamthed (Alex D.)

Date Posted: 8/15/2008 10:11 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

"Don't quite see how that is possible."

The CD may be only available in the system as CD only.  The person who may have the album on their Wishlist and possibily with Autorequest may be only wanting the album to be CD and Full Artwork.

kayote (Kayote B.)

Date Posted: 8/16/2008 10:58 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

The 48-hour hold wouldn't show up as available because no one else could request during the hold.

Alex probably has it right--the artwork in the system & the artwork on the Auto request don't match.

tarheel (Greg R.)

Date Posted: 8/18/2008 12:18 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I have seen this a lot and figure that people have if on their want list (with auto-request) but have no available credits.

Kerensky97 (Dustin B.)

Date Posted: 8/19/2008 1:43 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I'm guessing the same thing because I've seen CDs with all art available that still had W or WA.

scotso (Scott C.)

Date Posted: 10/19/2008 3:10 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

My thoughts were that people had it as Auto, and wished, but had it on hold.