Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Shorten the time to respond time???

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
DonDee (Don W.)

Subject: Shorten the time to respond time???
Date Posted: 8/8/2008 12:58 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Would it be possible to shorten the time you give members to respond to a trade. Waiting a week for someone not to respond is a waste. I think if people aren't actively trading then they should be out the option to trade. I think three days is more than enough time to respond.

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 8/8/2008 2:40 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I'd add to that: I wish that the choice of who is going to be next up to send your requested disk should include a factor for how often that person logs in.  Kind of like the wish list, where your place on it is weighted according to how long you've had the item plus how high it is on your list, etc.  That way if you are a really active member, your copy might be first picked to send, over someone who listed it back in November then never came back to check on their requests.

I took a look at my Credit Registry recently and I couldn't believe all the false starts. These are the unsent things we may never even know about, behind the scenes. I guess we only see the problem -- up front -- when there's no other copy in the system.

Cutting the response time might result in more of those single-copy / no response problems, that's the thing I'd worry about.  If you give the person 36 hours to respond before it's a big red X, but they needed 48, you aren't going to get your copy, anyhow -- only it might seem like no-responses happen more often, not less....

Last Edited on: 8/8/08 5:38 PM ET - Total times edited: 2