Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Skips in 1 track, is that "in good condition"??

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
thk (Linda S.)

Subject: Skips in 1 track, is that "in good condition"??
Date Posted: 9/25/2007 12:22 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I received at CD that skips 2 or 3 times in one track.  Have not officially "received" it yet.  Do you consider brief skips in one track enougn to mark it as "received with a problem?

staffymom (Debbie S.)

Date Posted: 9/25/2007 12:50 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I would mark it received with a problem.  Skipping discs are not in good condition.

Debbie

Keerayduh (Steve L.)

Date Posted: 9/25/2007 12:51 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

It's really whether you consider that in good condition.

A hint, though - try to clean the disc with a soft cloth (t-shirts work great) and either your breath (just to put some moisture on it) or a cd cleaner.   If there were some particles or grease from the sender's hand on the disc, you might find you end up with a disc that plays fine (and it's one you want!)

Regards,   Steve :)

Melissa (Melissa C.)

Date Posted: 9/25/2007 12:56 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

SwapaCD policy only requires that you receive a playable CD. A cd that skips is not playable not good condition and should have not been listed.

RadioActive (Dennis B.)

Date Posted: 9/25/2007 10:18 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

After "dusting off" or any other cleaning you might reasonably expect to do with any of your other CD's, if it still skips, mark it "with problem".  I'm sure we've all had CD's "skip" that we could clean up.

I have 1 car CD player that will skip at some point on almost any CD I own (and never at the same spot), so I'd never use it to grade a receipt.  But, any player you can rely on to play a "new" CD without problem you should be able to use.