Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: How is ranking fair

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
crazybluegirl (Kristina R.)

Subject: How is ranking fair
Date Posted: 7/16/2007 3:30 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I don't see how ranking is fair. I can see someone is likely to move ahead of me for a CD I want. I can't rank it number one because I have other things that I really want.

How is it fair that someone gets a  CD before me just because they want it more?

This seems very unfair considering it can take a month for just one to be posted into the system.

LEDZEPZOSO (Larry S.)

Date Posted: 7/16/2007 6:13 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

You have to look at it from a different point of view. Lets say all the current members load thier wishlist with 100-1000's of CD's. When any new mumbers join they will never have a chance to get any CD's. If these new members are not getting anything they will just leave the group. Then we will end up in a situation where the growth of SACD would be very limited.  In the small picture it does suck, but for the overall growth of the site we need to have new members that joins and fell that they have a chance to get some CD's.

Minyuette (Jill D.)

Date Posted: 7/16/2007 10:39 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Wow, if growth is the motivating factor then I wonder how PBS survived with their first-come-first-served methods...

crazybluegirl (Kristina R.)

Date Posted: 7/17/2007 5:56 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

hey I pay a credit and my .49 just like everyone else.

Kristin C.

Date Posted: 7/17/2007 8:46 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I can say I like the way PBS works. I know I have to wait in line and wait my turn for the books I want - that seems fair. I would never expect to jump ahead of anyone else. But what they have done there is they have limited the number of books you can have on you wishlist at any one time to 200. That way you can't wish for all of the books and essentially block everyone else from ever getting them. I've been quite lucky in getting the books I want.