Discussion Forums - Soundtracks

Topic: Soundtracks I'm looking for.

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
ballth (Lou H.)

Subject: Soundtracks I'm looking for.
Date Posted: 10/5/2007 12:36 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I owned these soundtracks one time on cassette, but I'm now trying to find them on CD. If anyone can help me locate them, please let me know. Thanks.

1. Road House (starred Patrick Swayze. The Jeff Healey Band was also in the movie & played a few songs on the ST.)

2. Quicksilver (starred Kevin Bacon.)

3. Perfect (starred John Travolta & Jamie Lee Curtis.)

4. American Anthem (starred Mitch Gaylord.)

5. White Nights (starred Gregory Hines & Mikhail Baryshnikov.)

Last Edited on: 6/22/08 10:28 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
ballth (Lou H.)

Subject: Update
Date Posted: 10/7/2007 5:57 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I found White Nights on this site, requested it and am now eagerly awaiting it in the mail!!

I'm still looking for the other four soundtracks though. If anyone can help, please let me know.

Thanks again,

ballth

Kevin H.

Subject: perfect
Date Posted: 12/22/2007 12:59 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I have the soundtrack "Perfect", but only on tape. I listened to it a lot. I bought a dub machine just to record it to my computer to back it up in case my tape player decides to eat it someday. Good luck finding the cd. I wouldn't mind having that myself.

ballth (Lou H.)

Subject: Another update...
Date Posted: 1/21/2008 8:19 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I'm finally getting the Road House soundtrack via SwapaCD. Should be here this week...YEAH!!!

I'm still looking for

1. Quicksilver

2. Perfect

3. American Anthem 

Some other soundtracks I found recently were

1. Wes Craven's Shocker (this movie has one of the best love songs in a soundtrack, imho. Timeless Love by Saraya.)

2. St. Elmo's Fire (your pulse just starts racing when John Parr sings Man In Motion. Great song!)

3. Over The Top (one of Sylvester Stallone's less popular movies, but a great soundtrack nonetheless!)

As you can tell I'm a big fan of 80's movie soundtracks. I enjoy most of the movies too though I'll admit some of them are kinda cheesy. It's just nostalgic for me, since I spent a lot of time in the 80's running a video store.

ballth (Lou H.)

Subject: a dub machine
Date Posted: 1/21/2008 8:31 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Hey Kevin,

Great idea. I wish I could have found a dub machine when I first started converting to CD's. I had a cassette tape collection of about 350. It would have been awesome to have just dubbed all my cassettes instead of buying replacements over the years. I still have about 75-100 cassettes that I've never got a CD copy of. Some albums are old enough that I just can't find a CD copy anywhere. What's even worse is that I don't even have a cassette player that works anymore, so all those unconverted cassettes are just going unlistened to. The last time I did have a cassette player, it started eating some of my tapes so I got rid of it. Couldn't bear to see the old tapes die that way. Still I'd like to complete the conversion process. Bad thing now is I've started converting CD's to mp3 for the iPod. ARRGHH!! Will the madness never stop!!

thegooniesattic (April W.)

Date Posted: 2/16/2008 3:38 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I've never met anybody else who's wanted the "Over The Top" OST. Very cool, and I'm a huge '80s movie and music fan too.. Bring on the cheese; I don't care! =)

scotso (Scott C.)

Date Posted: 4/9/2008 8:35 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

lol, I LOVE Night Ranger. Been looking For Wild & Innocent Youth for YEARS!!!!!

jimmer (Jimm L.)

Subject: I would be amazed
Date Posted: 8/12/2008 3:55 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I have not found any place that has the soundtrack for 'Solaris' (the remake).  Is it out of print allready?