Discussion Forums - Hard Rock & Metal

Topic: Cybermetal

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Destructa (Jax M.)

Subject: Cybermetal
Date Posted: 8/21/2007 12:41 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Know any metal bands that use lots of industrial-type synth/samples?  Specifically, like Fear Factory.  They're my favorite.  Static-X is sort of similar.

I heard a song by Raunchy & it sounded a lot like FF--Raunchy is now on my wishlist!

Edit: I now know Raunchy is from Denmark, and they call their style "futuristic hybrid metal".  Doesn't it sound like a kind of Terminator?

Last Edited on: 8/29/07 10:56 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Destructa (Jax M.)

Subject: lame...
Date Posted: 1/7/2008 12:58 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

OK I feel pretty lame responding to my own post, but I just heard a new band on my bf's XM (he puts on the extreme metal station just for me):

Sky Eats Airplane!

It's Nintendo metal! Decent death riffs & cookie monster vocals, with 8-bit tunes prominently featured!  One could also call it "death chiptune".  The kind of thing you rock out to and simultaneously break out in giggles.  I am aching to get the CD.  Really, give them a listen--their YouTube videos don't do the sound justice at all.

stabthefreak (Derek J.)

Date Posted: 4/9/2009 8:39 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

well, for starters, static-x is amazing. as for the topic, all i can think of are industrial metal bands like bile, gothminister, deathstars, and count nosferatu kommando. maybe thats what you're looking for!