Discussion Forums - CD Bazaar

Topic: April/May Wishlist Multiples Thread

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
TracyB (Tracy B.)

Subject: April/May Wishlist Multiples Thread
Date Posted: 4/3/2021 10:37 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

What is Wish List Multiples? 

Senders create a list (in this thread) of wishlisted CDs that they are willing to trade.  Senders can ask that more than 1 title be ordered, thereby saving on shipping costs.

Requestors are able to skip to the head of the line for wishlisted CDs by requesting more than 1 title.  

Here’s an example - let's say you have 2 or more wishlisted CDs you want to post, but you want to save on shipping.  You can LIST your postable wishlisted CDs in this thread.  Then make a request for a minimum order of CDs.  If your list contains 2 wishlisted CDs you can request an order of 2 titles, if your list contains 3 titles you can request an order of 3 titles, and so on.  You can’t ask for more titles than are on your list of postable wishlisted CDs (ie: require that anyone order something from your tower).

The requestor would then place wanted CD’s on their wishlist, and then PM the Sender with their CD request.  The Sender would then post CD’s directly to the requestor.

TracyB (Tracy B.)

Date Posted: 4/3/2021 10:38 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

PLEASE READ Before listing or ordering:  Rules and instructions for Senders and Receivers:  

****Wishlist Multiples****  will be a semi-monthly topic located in the CD Bazaar, around the 1st day of each month. 

Items remaining from the previous month can be moved over to the new monthly topic, but will be the responsibility of the offering member.

Please keep in mind that this is a privilege, and The Team has been generous to allow us the opportunity to do this.  Participation by both senders and receivers has responsibilities and obligations so we all need to bring our best swapping behaviors so that we can keep this wonderful feature

****Wishist Mulitples**** topic is the only area where wishlist multiples may be offered, and offerings and practices must adhere to these rules:

I.   For the Sending/Offering Member:

1)  All Transactions that take place in this topic MUST have a SwapaCD footprint, so that transaction fees remain intact.  

To create this footprint, the Sender must post all Wishlisted Mulitple CDs directly to the Receiving member's Wish List, which will trigger a "transaction" in the system.     

Instructions for posting directly to a member's Wish List is here:  Can I post a CD directly to someone's Wish List?

"Buddying" credits for items in this topic is not allowed, nor any practice that would cause or create the bypassing of  SwapaCD transaction fees.

2)  All CDs listed MUST have an accompanying UPC or Link to SwapaCD to verify their Wish List status.

3)  Recommended (not mandatory) note the number of wishers, which often increases your orders because other members know how swappable an item will be.

4) Unpostable or Damaged Wish Listed items may NOT be posted in this topic.  The only exception is specified below in Item 8:  Sets  

5) All CDs offered in the Wishlist Multiples topic, unless noted by Sender in the listing,  must contain the highest level of inclusion of artwork.  This means Disc, Front and Back inserts.   

If you are offering  Disc-only, Disc w/Back Insert, or Disc w/Front insert,  you must specify this in your post.  This gives members the opportunity to order or not order based on particulars and preferences.

6)  You may not request more than the SwapaCD *price*  (1 credit per disc).  

7)  You may include a sending requirement, since the purpose of this topic is to allow members to send out multiple items to save on postage.   Example:  "I am wanting to send out multiple CDs to save on postage", or " 2 or more items please".    

To this end,  you may allow members to combine Wish Listed items in this topic with CDs from your Tower in the interest of helping them meet your multiple sending requirement  (i.e. "I am wanting to send out packages of  3 or more" ).  

However, you are NOT allowed to place requirements on your Wish List Multiples CD orders in any other way.   Example:  You may not require orders from your regular tower.  You may only offer it as an option to help members  meet your multiple sending requirements, in the event they cannot find enough Wish Listed Multiples in your post to satisfy that requirement.  

8)  Sets:    If you have a complete set of CDs where some are WL'd and some are not,  you may offer a deal on them in the interest of wanting to keep the set together.    You MUST state which are and are not WL'ed.  

*Sets* is also the *only* exception where you can offer an unpostable or ever-so-slightly damaged CD.  If you have a Set of 7 CDs  that are WL'd  and 1 of them is damaged slightly.....you can offer the set, but the damaged disc must be clearly described a such in detail.   If there is more than one damaged disc, then that must also be noted.  

9)  Please do not list only 1 item.   This topic is for the purpose of saving money on postage by sending out multiples.   And obviously,  if your sending requirement asks members to order 3 or more items, then you need to have at least that many items on your list.

10)  Do not include statements like  "first to PM me gets them".  This constitutes placing further requirements on receivers that is not in keeping with the wishlist multiples purpose.

Wish List Multiples is a special privilege and only applies to this topic.  Practices here do not carry over to your normal SwapCD account,   i.e, You may not require multiple orders on your regular account and if you receive a FIFO order for a CD you must fulfill it as usual.   

II.  For the Receiving/Ordering Member:

The Sender will post CDs directly to your Wish List so that SwapaCD transaction fees can be applied.    

Certain procedures must be in place to ensure that your order goes through seamlessly.  Please make sure of the following:

1) That your Settings (under Privacy Controls) allows your Wish List to be public.  Otherwise, the Sender will not be able to post directly to your Wish List.

2) That you have the specific Wishlisted items you are requesting on Auto Request.

3) That you have the correct corresponding UPC of the item you are requesting, so that the sending member can easily find it to post directly to your Wish List.

4) That if your Tower is on vacation, you have the items you are requesting on Auto Request

See: How does the Vacation Hold affect My Wish List?
http://www.swapacd.com/help/help_item.php?id=541

5) That  you have sufficient SwapaCD Money to cover each Wishlist Mulitple disc you are requesting.   

SwapaCD transaction fees must be observed and will apply to each CD you request.    (If you are requesting 4 items, you need to have 4 x $0.49 = $1.96 in your account, etc.).  If a CD is a set, and has 2 discs in it, you still only pay just one transaction fee of $0.49)

6) That you have sufficient amount of Credits for the number of CDs you are ordering.  

There is nothing more frustrating for a sender than to try to post to your  Wishlist and not have the order go through, and then have to fire off multiple PMs back and forth to correct the situation.   

7) You may not offer more than the SwapaCD *price* (1 credit = 1 disc, 2 credits = 2 discs) .

III. Organization / Updating posts for Senders:

The topic can quickly become unweildy and cluttered, so please observe the following:

1)  When some of  the CDs in your post are taken,  return and remove those items using the Edit function. You may use the strike-through tool for pending items, and then delete them entirely once they are sent.

2)  When all of your CDs are taken, please return to your post and delete ALL remaining information.

3)  If you need to add to your list as the month progresses, please return to your original post, and EDIT it, with your additions.  In other words, each member should only have one post with their listings.  This allows others to browse thru the Wishlist Multiples topic and see each member's offerings all in one post.

PLEASE  keep your posts updated and current.  It is very frustrating for members to read through lists and find a CD they want, only to find out it is no longer available because you forgot to delete it from your posting.   

IV. Organization / Updating posts for Receivers:

1) If you make a post in this topic, i.e. that you are PMing a request or listing titles you want, PLEASE return to your post and DELETE ALL information after CDs are posted to you.

Michelle D.

Date Posted: 4/16/2021 8:27 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

This is the first that I've heard of this but it makes sense. I have two CDs that I think swappers will like.

PINK FLOYD- Meddle  ( ISBN: 07777460342) Wishes: 9

PINK FLOYD- Wish You Were Here (ISBN: 074646852224) Wishes: 6

Both have all inserts. I want to send these both out to the same person to save on shipping. Both are very good additions to anyone's collection.

Last Edited on: 4/16/21 7:10 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
stabthefreak (Derek J.)

Date Posted: 4/16/2021 6:58 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I'll take those! I'll PM you quick