Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: A question...

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Michelle D.

Subject: A question...
Date Posted: 2/15/2021 12:53 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Is there any way to edit an album's requesting page? For an example, add an artist or track listing? Adding an artist to it would help members like myself to locate it better.

mpt68 (Wade K.)

Date Posted: 2/15/2021 1:36 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I wish there were, but I'm pretty certain this has never been possible.

Michelle D.

Date Posted: 2/15/2021 4:47 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

It would be a good feature.

markg731 (Mark G.)

Date Posted: 2/16/2021 11:48 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

You can, kind of, but the options are very limited. I ran into this with a 10-disc set I recently requested. Two of the discs had incorrect track info and I wanted to make sure the page got updated so I wasn't dinged for posting something that didn't match the track numbers and names. Swap-a-CD gets it's CD information from an external database, Amazon I believe. Swap-a-CD can update the number of discs/credits if it's incorrect, but there isn't much they can do (so they tell me) if there are incorrect track numbers/names associated with a particular UPC. What I had to do was add a review of the CD, and list the correct track information. These Member CD Reviews appear to the right of the CD Details area. Of course, a requesting member must read these reviews to get the "right" information, but this option allows members to "correct" incorrect CD details. Like Wikipedia, anyone can post a "review" and provide details that may, or may not, be correct.

However, I've never contacted the admins about adding a missing artist to the page. It might be worth a try using the Contact Us link under the Help Center menu, or at the bottom of most pages.