Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: The Mysteries of SwapaCD

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
mpt68 (Wade K.)

Subject: The Mysteries of SwapaCD
Date Posted: 2/14/2021 10:04 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

1) I just posted a couple of discs that had nobody wishlisting them. The next thing that happens is they show up as Wish List Holds. Seems that it should have come to me as a request, but the site is treating them as if they already were requested when I posted them.

2) Sometimes I get offered a disc out of the blue, and when I check the 'CDs Posted Today' that specific disc is not listed there.

Anyone know how either of these things happen?

(I might have an idea how the second one happens, but just want it confirmed)

MusikLover (VALERIE L.)

Date Posted: 2/15/2021 12:40 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

1.  Someone may have put it on their wl on 48 hour offer.  They might be thinking about it before ordering and them might not have enough credits and this gives them  time.

2. What do you mean? 

Sometimes I get offered a disc out of the blue, and when I check the 'CDs Posted Today' that specific disc is not listed there.

Did  you get a wl offer or did you get a similar attributes offer?

I have recently received a wl offer and could not find it in the CD's offered today.

I usually go back a few days to see if it was posted and the first wisher did not accept offer. After 2 days of not be accepted it goes to the next wisher in line.  There have been rare  times when I could not find it in CD's posted.  It goes back 7 6 days. 

Last Edited on: 2/15/21 12:41 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
mpt68 (Wade K.)

Date Posted: 2/15/2021 1:32 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Re: 1) I verified nobody wanted the disc prior to listing it. A requester can't put a disc on 48 hour hold without it having been on their wishlist to begin with. Make sense?

Re: 2) I see what you mean about the first wisher not accepting and then it would be offered up to me. Although I'm pretty sure this has happened when I am the only requester. My thought was maybe someone had put their account on vacation for a period of time, then comes out of vacation mode to see if they have any possible trades. Offers up what they have that is now requested that wasn't previously. Seem plausible?

MusikLover (VALERIE L.)

Date Posted: 2/15/2021 3:52 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

1.  let me assure you that people will see a title available and add it to their wl on 48 hour offer.

It's a thing.  You might be on the fence about something but you do not want someone else to grab it before you do.

Plus you might not have any credits to order but you can put it on your wl.

Think of it as a layaway plan.  They have 48 hours to decide and come up with the credits and 49cents.  Then it is re-leased back in the the general system. 

2. plausible .

Last Edited on: 2/15/21 3:53 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
mpt68 (Wade K.)

Date Posted: 2/16/2021 1:36 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Damn. I completely missed where that was a feature on Swap. Never seen anything about it in the help docs. Absolutely no idea you were allowed to put something on a 48 hour hold. surprise