Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Problems receiving SACD emails with Yahoo mail?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
markg731 (Mark G.)

Subject: Problems receiving SACD emails with Yahoo mail?
Date Posted: 4/3/2020 12:41 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Hello. For the past 2 days I've been locked out of my account due to a problem with Yahoo email. When trying to access my account, or most any page on the site, I was presented with an account status message warning me that Yahoo was rejecting SACD's emails saying my email address was no longer valid (NOT TRUE). Reserching the issue (reason 554.5.7.9), it seems that SACDs email were not following some proper Yahoo protocol and their messaages were, all of a sudden, not being delivered. Of course, SACD suggested I contact Yahoo to straighten out the issue, but there is really nothing I can do. The ONLY solution was to change to another email address, which I eventually did.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue with Yahoo email and SACD. I can't be the only one, can I?

I got emails from SACD on 4/1. This issue began on 4/2.

Thanks.

Dennis S.

Date Posted: 4/3/2020 1:29 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I also had problems, but it was with Comcast email, which makes me think any problem was on the SACD side.

I sent feedback to SACD saying my email hadn't changed and my email was working fine otherwise. This morning, my account opened back up without any email change.

Dennis

markg731 (Mark G.)

Date Posted: 4/3/2020 1:40 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Yes, they did that with me too, but an hour later, they locked my account again. It was ultimately easier to just use a different email address...

Last Edited on: 4/3/20 1:41 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
deutschrock (Angelika T.)

Date Posted: 4/3/2020 3:27 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

That happened to me as well with my gmail address.  i checked my e-mail address and it was good.  I contacted them as requested in the message and now it is working fine again.  They didn't have to use the new e-mail address I provided.  Good to know it wasn't just me.

MusikLover (VALERIE L.)

Date Posted: 4/5/2020 10:06 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Me too!

I have Yahoo email and I have not been able to login since maybe Thursday April 2, 2020.

I just sent in feedback to SwapaCD and I received the standard "Thank You for your Feedback" email. So that proves my email works.

Anyway, I decided to try to login. I hand typed my login and password instead of the auto fill feature on my ipad.  It worked!

MusikLover (VALERIE L.)

Date Posted: 4/5/2020 1:25 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I got this reply 1 hour ago.

Dear VALERIE,

We're sorry for the confusion! Thanks for writing in. A server error caused the temporary account suspension. Your account is open now.

Happy swapping,

The SwapaCD Team
www.SwapaCD.com