Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Lost Opportunities

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
djtal (Daniel T.)

Subject: Lost Opportunities
Date Posted: 3/8/2020 9:40 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

When you request a CD, and the potential sending trader doesn't respond within five days, and the disk is removed from their CD Tower,  do they get an e-mail telling them that that happened?

I have seen CDs I requested timeout and drop out of sight, and in some cases, they're never seen here again. 

djtal (Daniel T.)

Date Posted: 3/23/2020 7:56 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

It's been two weeks since I posted my question.  Doesn't anybody know the answer?

deutschrock (Angelika T.)

Date Posted: 3/24/2020 9:05 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I don't have an answer, but a theory. If the CD is the only copy in the the system and the member has long checked out of the site and does not even bother to come here anymore.  I doubt that they would check back in and see which CDs dropped off their tower. Of course members should close their accounts and towers when they leave, but many just don't bother.  

MusikLover (VALERIE L.)

Date Posted: 3/24/2020 1:21 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Daniel,  I am sorry, I did see your question 2 wks ago.  I just did not know how to put it into words.

What Angelika said is right on. 

You get several emails when there is a request.

The last one you get if you are getting close to the deadlines.

The deadline to accept and the deadline to mail.

That member did not take any action on those emails.

So they are not concerned about it or paying attention to their orders and whats on the tower.  

Now people may have a very good reason for this, medical, death in family, crisis etc. 

EDITED:  You could try messaging that member to tell them you are interested and if they would send you the CD. 

Mabye not a good time now under "Coronovirus stay at home". 

Last Edited on: 3/24/20 1:28 PM ET - Total times edited: 1