Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Problems with Swapacd Website loading

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
jasecw (Jason K.)

Subject: Problems with Swapacd Website loading
Date Posted: 6/30/2017 1:51 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

for the past 2-3 days I periodically have trouble getting onto Swapacd's website. It happens on both Crome and Internet Explorer the other two sites Swapadvd and Paperbackswap are not affected anyone else having trouble getting on swapacd? 

djtal (Daniel T.)

Date Posted: 6/30/2017 4:15 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

YES.  I've sent messages to them (when I can get to the site).  I'm using Firefox.  They told me to try another browser.  I see that using Chrome and IE don't help any either.

jasecw (Jason K.)

Date Posted: 6/30/2017 4:42 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

glad to hear its not just me. weird that the other two sites seem unaffected I thought they were all on the same server.

markg731 (Mark G.)

Date Posted: 6/30/2017 11:14 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Same here. Sometimes it loads fine. Other times it fails to load.

jasecw (Jason K.)

Date Posted: 7/4/2017 2:31 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

TO SWAPACD:

any idea when this will be fixed? Between this and not receiving emails on Swapadvd its hard to do any transactions on your sites maybe post a update or something. 

jasong (Jason G.)

Date Posted: 7/5/2017 10:53 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Same here - tried different browsers - still get the same issue.

djtal (Daniel T.)

Date Posted: 7/6/2017 7:31 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Yes, this has become a real headache.  As we all know, whenever you are away from the site for a certain amount of time, it becomes necessary to log in again.  In the past this has been done automatically for you when you tried to refresh a page or click on a link within the site.  That function is now broken.  EVERY TIME I try to do something on this site after the automatic log out period has expired I get the page that says something about the redirect has failed.  I understand that the site's programmers were off over the holiday period.  But they should be back now and trying to fix this.

I have found a fairly quick way around the problem:  I have a link to the site saved:  http://www.swapacd.com/members/index.php  Whenever I get the redirect problem, I just click on my saved link and so far, that has got me back to where I want to be.

Last Edited on: 7/6/17 10:32 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
4wallz (Seth D.)

Date Posted: 7/7/2017 8:00 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I had to delete the cookies off the site to get it to load in for me.  Now it loads fine.  But I am getting a new issue.  It won't let me purchase money through paypal for the site.  :(  I always use their shipping (too many people never mark the cd received) to get the instant credit.  Won't let me purchase the money.  I hate to say it but this site is really going downhill.

jasecw (Jason K.)

Date Posted: 7/7/2017 1:34 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

same thing happened on Swapadvd 2 days ago couldn't add money to print labels but I kept trying and after a hour of errors got it to go thru and printed a dvd label. Hopefully they can fix and address these site breaking issues because we pay to use BOTH sites 49 cents per trade and 55 cents for the label fee. Glad I keep a low amount of credits 

jasong (Jason G.)

Date Posted: 7/9/2017 8:18 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I also found that if you manually enter your password - it will load no problem. But if you have your password saved...it gives me the redirect error.

markg731 (Mark G.)

Date Posted: 7/10/2017 12:05 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

The delay in SACD fixing this issue and lack of communication to it's active members is very displeasing. This appears not to be a browser issue or problem with any one's personal computer, but an issue with the website itself.

I find myself drawn to this site less and less. If I could competitively sell my remaining credits, I would consider stepping away for a while.

SACD ADMIN: Please get this issue fixed!

djtal (Daniel T.)

Date Posted: 7/11/2017 7:20 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I received an e-mail that said they've been looking into the problems and have made some changes.

I find that the situation is improved, but I still experience the problem sometimes.  However, now the problem is inconsistent and I can't give a solid description of the circumstances surrounding the issue.

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 7/15/2017 2:42 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Thanks Daniel, for sharing the results of contacting support. 

I got that redirect error on the site, too.  Removing the /index from the main site link seemed to cure it for me, so I figured it was just an html oversight.  Minor headache, and I kept meaning to drop a line to say something about fixing the redirect, but glad somebody beat me to it. :^)