Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Not getting email when someone request cd

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Oogie (Alan I.)

Subject: Not getting email when someone request cd
Date Posted: 12/10/2016 10:10 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Hi, this has been hapening the last 3 request. I dont log on that often but i got 3 request for cd's and did not get a email saying i had requests. i was able to mail them out but i usually do it quickly like the same day as i get the request. Any Help? Thanks

TracyB (Tracy B.)

Subject: From the Help Center
Date Posted: 12/10/2016 11:22 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

A reliable email connection with SwapaCD is crucial to managing your account.

• We have intermittent trouble with some email servers "holding" PBS emails, or treating them as "spam".
  • This is most common with yahoo and hotmail, but it can happen with other email servers also.
  • This is sometimes caused by members who mark PBS emails as "spam" as a way to delete them from their email inboxes
    • When one (for example) Yahoo user does this, it can affect ALL Yahoo users' reception of PBS emails
    • Members should ALWAYS delete emails when they have read them,  and NOT mark PBS emails as spam as a way to make the viewed email leave the inbox.
  • After holding PBS emails for a while, sometimes the email provider's email server will dump a bunch of outdated PBS emails into user inboxes; sometimes they just won't be delivered at all.

This is what we recommend if you suspect you are not receiving all of your SwapaCD emails:

• Check your Club Communications file to see what emails SwapaCD has sent to you:
    • Click My Account in the toolbar at the top of the site
    • Click the "Club Communications" link in the yellow bar at the top of the My Account page.
    • Here you will see all messages sent from between SwapaCD to your User Email address during the last 45 days.

• If you find items in your Club Communications file which you never received in your email inbox:
    • you may need to adjust your spam filters
    • you should check to be sure that "team@swapacd.com" and "noreply@swapacd.com"  are both in your address book, and/or on your list of "safe" or "accepted" senders for your email account.
    • Look at your list of "blocked" senders; if either of the two email addresses above appear there, remove them from the "blocked"  list.

If this does not work:

• You should contact your email provider to find out why your SwapaCD emails aren't getting through.
  • You should consider choosing another email address to receive your SwapaCD emails while the matter is getting sorted out.
  • Be sure not to mark SwapaCD emails as spam, if you have been doing this in the past.  Doing this can affect every other member who uses the same email provider.
tommyp (Tommy P.)

Date Posted: 3/16/2017 10:49 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I just randomly logged on a couple of days ago and the same thing happened to me.  There was a request there that I had not been emailed about.  When I check under my Account for Club Communications, there is no record of an email being sent to me but it did show a message I had sent to a member a few weeks ago.  This would indicate the problem is on SACD's end, NOT with member's email servers as suggested above.

Lionrose (Linda R.)

Date Posted: 3/16/2017 9:57 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

This happened to me this week. The requesting member sent me a PM today to find out why I didn't respond to the order. I did get an email today about the PM, but there is no evidence in my club communications of an email request being sent to me when he originally placed his order on 3/9. It's funny, because I think the order should have timed out on 3/14 or 3/15. Maybe because there was no email notice the five days didn't start?

From the help docs:

The Sender has 5 days to respond to a request from the time the email notification of a request is sent.

• If the sender does not respond with the 5 day period, the transaction will be canceled
    • this system action will take place at the end of the 5th day (in the middle of the night)
  • If there is another copy of the CD available in the system, the request will be passed along automatically to a new sender.
    • This will happen without an email notification to the requestor.
  • If there is no other copy of the CD available, the request will be canceled, the requestor gets his or her credit and transaction fee back, and the CD will be placed on the requestor's Wish List.
    • If this happens, an email notification will be sent to the requestor.

Looks like the same problem with notices that we were having at PBS.

ETA: I don't have a problem with my email & this seems to be happening intermittantly.  I sent feedback to Contact Us.

Just to make you aware: a requesting member sent me a PM today to find out why I didn't respond to an order. I did get an email today about the PM, but there is no evidence in my club communications of an email request being sent to me when he originally placed his order on 3/9. It's funny, because I think the order should have timed out on 3/14 or 3/15. Maybe because there was no email notice the five days didn't start?

Response from the team: 

Thank you for reporting that and we apologize for the error on our part. One of our programmers will look into this problem and resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

Last Edited on: 3/17/17 10:03 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
MusikLover (VALERIE L.)

Date Posted: 3/17/2017 10:16 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

On the sister site,  PBS they gave instructions in case your emails are blocked

How to tell if you are experiencing a full or partial block:

• Check your Club Communications file (linked from the top of your My Account main page)
  • Compare the emails there to the emails you have received in your email inbox.
  • If some are missing from your inbox, check your spam or junk folder.
    • If you find some in your spam/junk folder, click "Not Spam" or "Move to Inbox" on them to tell your email provider that you want to receive our emails.
    • If you do NOT find the missing emails in your spam/junk folder, your email provider may be (fully or partially) blocking our emails.

To try to correct this you should:

• Add the PaperBackSwap system email addresses (librarian@paperbackswap.com and noreply@paperbackswap.com) to your email account address book or list of "accepted senders" (also known as a "whitelist"), and
  • Check your "blocked senders" list if your email account has one, to be sure our email addresses are not on that list; and
  • Complain directly to your email provider, so they know you want to receive PaperBackSwap emails!
  •  

Last Edited on: 3/17/17 10:17 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
mpt68 (Wade K.)

Date Posted: 12/18/2018 11:22 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Just realized I haven't been getting any email alerts since 12/5. I confirmed they are in Club Communications, but they're not coming through my email server. I probably have no choice other than calling my ISP at this point? Anyone else having this problem lately?

markg731 (Mark G.)

Date Posted: 12/18/2018 11:30 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Yes, it's been about 2 weeks and I've contacted SACD 3 times with NO resposne. I'm not getting ANY email communication or notifications from SACD. I'm forced to check my account daily to see if I have any PMs, CD requests, CDs marked received, watched forums, etc.

Nothing in SPAM. I'm just not getting anything. I doubt it's an ISP issue. Seems like something with SACDs email server.

mpt68 (Wade K.)

Date Posted: 12/18/2018 12:41 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Yes, I've been active on the site to the degree I really didn't notice, but that's not always going to be the case. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of the site if you can't get alerts.

markg731 (Mark G.)

Date Posted: 12/18/2018 12:49 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Yes, I'm on the site a lot, but it's still irritating not getting any notifications. I'm now using the "Club Communications" area for my notifications, something I didn't know existed.