Downhill but still good
pushca | MA, USA | 04/14/2006
(3 out of 5 stars)
"Generally, I prefer rock music, but Pink is still one of my favorite singers. This album is very different from Misundaztood, which I also like a lot. She had a lot more to say in Misundaztood, whereas some of her new songs are sort of unoriginal. While she doesn't have the greatest voice of all time, she's still good, and all in all I thought her CD (especially the song "Cuz I Can") very much worth listening to."
Not as good as before, but very 'pink'!
pushca | 04/15/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"'I'm Not Dead' is P!nk's 4th studio effort, and yet, she still rocks gd! OK, maybe not as well on this CD! She is less rock, and more pop-ballads here. Though it's obvious this album doesn't outdo her previous album, she being the only executive producer for her album cannot be the faultline.
To make it clearer, I rate this album 3.5 stars, but, rounding it up, it adds up to 4, i guess... or would 3 have been more honest?
Anyway, though the 1st single 'Stupid Girls' was one of the most talked-about singles of 2006, it will eventually rub off one day, and everyone's going to get sick of it:
1. Stupid Girls (7.5/10) Good effort, hilarious video, but will eventually get very tiresome
2. Who Knew (7.5/10) Pop/ballad does just ok.
3. Long Way to Happy (8.5/10) Definitely one of the best rock tracks on the album.
4. Nobody Knows (8/10) Enjoyable ballad
5. Dear Mr President (8/10) Love the chorus! Good job!
6. I'm Not Dead (8.5/10) Starts off hauntingly, with an unexpected chorus that has less of an angsty element.
7. Cuz I Can (8/10) A little mixed. GOod enough song.
8. Leave Me Alone (7.5/10) Probably one of the most disappointing songs on the album... very Lindsay Lohan, but it still leaves an impression on u with the cheesy fast tunes.
9. U+Ur Hand (8.5/10) Love it!
10. Runaway (8/10) Difficult to judge, but overall and good after-chorus.
11. The One That Got Away (7.5/10) She tries to go bluesy here, but it turns out a little but hard to judge.
12. I Got $ Now (8.5/10) Unexpectedly, it turns out a sad song.
13. Conversations w/ my 13yrold Self (8/10) Not as promising as it looked to be, but the ending presents itself well. Could do without the chanting of 'conversations with my 13-yr-old self', though.
14. Fingers (9/10) Best track on the album! Very dominatrix-style
15. I've Seen the Rain (7.5/10) Very smooth-going. Me-likey!"