I LOVE NY...1999???
Daniel W. Kelly | Long Island, NY United States | 03/18/2006
(2 out of 5 stars)
"Not to say there aren't some good dance tracks on here, they just aren't living up to today's standards. I think it's at the point where I need to stop buying mix CDs buy some of my favorite New York City DJs. These guys, including Rauhofer, Vasquez, etc...broke new ground back in the 90s with their progressive house music and mixes...but at this point, there's nothing "progressive" about it because it still sounds the same as it did nearly ten years ago! It's all blending into one big mish mosh of indistinguishable beats! This is the new millennium, and I really wish these guys would fine tune their sound to keep up with it. There's so much different stuff going on at this point. Just take a look at this track listing and you'll see proof that times have changed-there are NO major named artists on this CD featuring exclusive Rauhofer mixes, plus, we're even being given recycled tracks by Club 69, Cevin Fisher, etc.
If you like instrumental tribal still, you'll probably feel this groove. Vocal lovers avoid, because there are few vocals on here.
1. killing me...nick & Danny Chatelain (6:30) (slow paced, deep electronics voice, yawn)
2. Hoes in this house (george morel & armand pena groove mix)...ron carroll (5:38) (a remake of classic 90s bitch track by Toni Ski. Another Yawn)
3. New Love...FC Nond (6:09) (hard tribal with a few diva vocals oohing, aahing and yeahing)
4. Sixteen Years (plaza crew mix)...camorina (4:44) (great diva vocal-funky bass, has potential, but doesn't go anywhere)
5. I like old school (synchronized emotions remix)...miguel Picasso (5:22) (put me to sleep now-weak instrumental)
6. 8 letters (martijn ten velden & mark knights mix)...holmes ives (6:54) (female vocal, no punch)
7. I remember (solar groovy mix)...Niki B & Christian EFFE (6:15) (more hard tribal beats and deep male vocal speak)
8. Reconstruction: 2...Julian Poker (5:20) (tribal instrumental. Sleep enducing)
9. Love Is a Drug (Lance Jordan Beat mix)...Rosko (6:35) (Recent Billboard #1 dance track that's hard to find on CD-tribal, spoken male vocal)
10. Tanque Beats...Delgado (3:24) (instrumental tribal beats)
11. free your body...decibel (8:35) (slow paced hard tribal with a few male vocal samples in the middle. Repetitive and monotonous)
12. This is the Sound...Pedro Diaz (4:09) (tribal, male vocal speaking every now and then. This is the sound...of 1999)
1. I Look Good (hector Fonseca mix)...Club 69 (6:21) (not much different than any previous mix of this track)
2. People...DJ Bruno (5:04) (instrumental, pretty cool electro vibe)
3. Sex Secret (peter rauhofer reconstruction)...2 Raum Wohnung (7:04) (clunky but funky alternative vocal track)
4. I Can't Explain (steve lawler summer of love mix)...Bombdogs (8:04) (almost a trancy feel, female vocal. Good track)
5. Sunday trip...danny freakazoid (5:02) (more instrumental electrovibes)
6. first time (hector fonseca mix)...offer nissim (6:03) (another hot vocal track from Offer Nissim)
7. easy ride (dub)...tresca (4:17) (pulsing bass, but just doesn't go anywhere)
8. beta boy...trente moeller (5:18) (funky house, reminds me of a Green Velvet track)
9. love you some more (peter rauhofer reconstruction)...cevin fisher (7:59) (typical funky rauhofer sound, male vocal)
10. voyager...john tejada (3:45) (more Green Velvet-esque instrumental)
11. tooting warrior...mike Monday (4:59) (bouncy, upbeat instrumental)
12. believe in me (peter rauhofer reconstruction)...peter rauhofer (5:36) (That nightmare "you've gotta believe" sample that's been haunting us for over a decade. WHY??? Ending his disc with this sample is a clear sign that he's not looking ahead....)"
Peter's Electro Side
DEX | Poland | 04/28/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Well i read the previous review so it's time for my opinion. This compilation is not LIVE as you may see on the description which is GOOD. It's Tribal, Electro, Hard, Dark. Just what i'd expect from Peter. Tracks are very underground and don't have much vocals and not everybody will like that. If you need vocals you should buy some mainstream artists cd's/mixes.
1. Killing Me - i'd say hard tribal sound - not bad 5/10
2. Hoes In This House - yes this track is boring - same vocals all the time - 2/10
3. New Love - good tribal sound - 7/10
4. Sixteen Years - nice vocals - i like the tribal beats too 8/10
5. I Like Old School - decent slow instrumental - 5/10
6. 8 Letters - nice a bit tribal a bit electro track - 8/10
7. I Remember (Groovy Mix) - great dark tribal track with male vocals - 10/10
8. Julian Poker Reconstruction - great dark tribal track again! - 10/10
9. Love Is A Drug - tribal and bit electro track with male vocals - i like - a bit trancy - 9/10
10. Tanque Beats - tribal beats only - boring a bit - a filler for sure - 4/10
11. Free Your Body - i totally love this track! it's fast and tribal with male vocals - if you like other decibel mixes you should love this one also - my fav track from the whole compilation! - 10/10!!!
12. This Is The Sound - terrible track - tribal and hard but like people say it goes nowhere - boring! - such a bad track after a great Decibel track - brings me down... - 2/10
1. I Look Good - great start of the CD! very HARD and very TRIBAL - best track on the second CD to me! I totally love it - 10/10
2. People - hard tribal electro sound - i don't like it at all - 2/10
3. Sex Secret - great mix by peter - tribal electro sound with female vocals - you can buy a cds for this mix - great sound - 9/10
4. I Can't Explain - this mix is tribal electro sound i'd say - i favour the original mix - is not trancy at all believe me - 5/10
5. Sunday Trip - instrumental electro sounds - 5/10
6. First Time - Hector Fonseca Mix is shit like all the mixes of this track - there is ONLY 1 good mix of this track and it's the original Offer Nissim Mix - 1/10
7. Easy Ride - cool electro track a bit tribal - 5/10
8. Beta Boy - great electro track - 8/10
9. Love You Some More - nice electro peter sound hehe - tribal a bit but has a great dark parts that i love - you can buy a cds for this too - 9/10
10. Voyager - tribal electro again - 5/10
11. Tooting Warrior - tribal electro again! - 6/10
12. Believe In Me - terrible track to end the whole compilation... tribal... same sound as on Depeche Mode - What Happens Tomorrow (Peter Rauhofer Reconstruction Mix) - i do like that mix but this one i don't! - 2/10"
D. Edwards | NYC | 03/19/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Excellent. Sounds more like a real night out at a club than any of Peter's previous compilations."