Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Soon-to-be-released CD

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
themadplatter (Steven K.)

Subject: Soon-to-be-released CD
Date Posted: 6/18/2011 7:00 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

How do I request a soon-to-be-released CD to be posted on the site so that I can add it to my wish list? It is of a popular artist and set to be released in two weeks. 

Thanks

Kingtim (Tim G.)

Date Posted: 6/19/2011 11:14 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Find out what the upc is and see if it is in the swapacd database yet.  If it is put it on your wishlist.

irishmasms (Irish M.)

Subject: 094637614228
Date Posted: 8/16/2011 10:59 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

You can also try searching on the ASIN code from amazon.com; otherwise search by band name & title.

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 8/16/2011 1:26 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I've never understood how the ASIN code relates to UPC.  Am I missing something?

thank you everyone for answering the OP's excellent question..

marcb (Marc B.)

Date Posted: 8/19/2011 8:25 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Last Edited on: 3/23/12 2:55 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
irishmasms (Irish M.)

Date Posted: 8/24/2011 2:05 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I've never understood how the ASIN code relates to UPC.

It does not relate, other than it is the unique identifyer Amazon assigns each & every item availible in their database. Many times items are added without the UPC, so searching for the ASIN will find the item.

Also, the database seems to add CDs only if they have UPCs attached to them on Amazon. I've tried to WL several imports here by searching for their ASINs, had nothing come up, then checked this site and seen that the Amazon database didn't have a UPC listed.

Oh, there are quite a few titles here on SACD that do not have a UPC but are listed here. I have found that if a CD title is listed over on Amazon as something other than a CD (book, CD-R, etc) then it will not be listed here on SACD. Many of the items I have been adding to my tower & want list as of late have niot had UPC listed, but the ASIN was & used it to find the title in question.