Discussion Forums - Classical

Topic: BBC Music Magazine: 9 Classical CDs for 5 credits

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Roger R.

Subject: BBC Music Magazine: 9 Classical CDs for 5 credits
Date Posted: 2/12/2011 6:45 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

These are quality CDs that originally came with the BBC Music Magazine.  They are largely from Vol. III and IV and date from the mid-1990s.  Titles include:

Stravinsky "Rite of Spring", Britten "Four Sea Interludes" and more.  BBC National Orchestra.

Purcell "Dido & Aeneas" complete opera.  Taverner Choir and Palayers, conductor Andrew Parrott.

BBC Singers, 70th Anniversay Celebration.  Choral music by Bach, Lassus, Mendelssohn, Delius, Ravel. 

Anne Evans Sings Wagner at the 1994 Proms.

Festive Airs, a selection reflecting this year's European Music Festivals.  Mozart, Haydn, Smetana, Verdi performed by Wordsworth, Turnovsky, Wit, others.

Janet Baker & Raymond Leppard, A Recital from the Aldeburgh Festival, 1971.

Best CDs of 1994, excerpts from Beethoven (Lorrie), Corelli, Debussy, Handel (Schlick), others.

Shostakovich, "Cheryomushki".  Musical comedy/opera.

Schumann, "Liederkreis Op. 39" and "Twelve Poems, Op. 35 (Kerner). 

All come in the original slim cases with original insert.  These are generally 55 minutes or longer and worthy of your collection.

FIVE CREDITS GETS THE WHOLE LOT.  PLEASE MESSAGE ME WITH YOUR INTEREST AND I'LL VERIFY THEY ARE AVAILABLE, THEN YOU CAN BUDDY ME THE CREDITS WHEN YOU HEAR BACK. T

Thanks for reading.