Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Getting the same CD twice

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Dan H.

Subject: Getting the same CD twice
Date Posted: 12/31/2010 7:13 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

This has happened two times now -- I get a CD that was on my wish list, and a few days later, I get a notification that I'm getting the same CD from someone else. Do we have to remove every wish list CD manually once we've received it and told the system we've received it? It doesn't do this automatically?

Kingtim (Tim G.)

Date Posted: 1/1/2011 1:45 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Do you have different versions of the same cd on auto request?  That could explain the problem you are having.

Tim

Dan H.

Date Posted: 1/7/2011 8:52 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

No, that wasn't it. Guess I'll have to be careful about removing CDs from my want list once I'm notified they're on the way.

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 1/7/2011 11:54 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Hi Dan, you shouldn't have to do that as it is automated, unless as Tim says, you have several versions on your wishlist.  You might want to take a close look at your transaction archive (look on the upper left of your "Main" page, for the link; it's on the yellow taskbar) and that might give you an idea about what happened.  Take a look at your credit registry, too (it's along that same yellow taskbar) because it notes when each credit leaves or comes into to your account.  

I have done probably more than a thousand trades and out of all of those had one or two glitch-y things happen like that, but mostly the system seems pretty bug-free.  There is probably an explanation for why it happened.  If you REALLY want to know, you might contact the team..... hope that helps, ICB

Last Edited on: 1/7/11 11:55 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Boberty (Robert P.)

Subject: same cd twice
Date Posted: 1/21/2011 10:06 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I noticed that when the database changed there were several versions of the same cd with different UPCs or format. So I went ahead and wishlisted several of the same cd just to be on the safe side. Now, of course, I don't remember which ones I did that with. So now everytime I receive a cd (and I thank all of you for making me so happy), I go back to my wishlist and double check that the one I just received is the only one I had listed. Unless, there are bonus songs then its post the original when I get the extra music!

Robert

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 1/21/2011 9:40 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I know PBS has an automated feature to remind you when one version of your wishlisted item has been provided -- the array of UPCs here sure makes me appreciate that, now!