Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Bulk order?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
debs (Debbie B.)

Subject: Bulk order?
Date Posted: 3/22/2010 9:04 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I ordered a CD this morning, and clicked the "order more from member"  button.  At that time, I didn't order a second cd.

A bit later, I decided that I DID want one of the other cd's from the member's tower; didn't see any "order more from member" button so I ordered that separately.  Will these go into a bulk order on his account page, or should I send him a PM to tell him they are both going to the same person?

djtal (Daniel T.)

Date Posted: 3/22/2010 9:37 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

If you did not order the second disc directly from his tower, there is no guarantee that he will get the order. If he did get the order, then I'm sure he will realize (at some point) that the two discs are going to the same person. But if you want the give him a heads-up, that would be nice.

debs (Debbie B.)

Date Posted: 3/22/2010 9:39 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Yes, I did order it directly from his tower.  I also sent him a PM, which he replied and said my second order is not on his account page.  So strange because my account page says it's going to him.  Maybe there's a "1 hour buyer's remorse" window, similar to Paperbackswap...   We'll work it out.  Thanks for replying.

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 3/22/2010 12:05 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Also, Debbie, sometimes it takes a little while for the order to show up so the person with the CD can see you've ordered it, even if both people are online, etc.  It might be a buyers--remorse thing -- but  I'm guessing maybe it's come clear by now? 

debs (Debbie B.)

Date Posted: 3/23/2010 10:12 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

It finally showed up on his account page  - yup the Buyer's Remorse had kicked in - and he was able to send them both out together.

Thanks everyone for your comments!

Boberty (Robert P.)

Subject: similar but different
Date Posted: 3/26/2010 2:11 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I was on the other end of one of these the other day only by the time the receiver decided they wanted something else, I had already mailed the first one. Does that count as an almost bulk ship?

Momof2boys (Sheryl B.)

Date Posted: 3/27/2010 10:43 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I know that at PBS when you order 2 or more books form the same person, it tells you that the books are going to the same person and you can save on shipping.  The default setting is to print a bulk wrapper for all of the books, but you can toggle to print separate wrappers if for some reason you want to do that.