Discussion Forums - CD Bazaar

Topic: GONE -THANKS Wishlisted 2007 Quentin Tarantino Death Proof Soundtrack Cd

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
bossajake (Patrick J.)

Subject: GONE -THANKS Wishlisted 2007 Quentin Tarantino Death Proof Soundtrack Cd
Date Posted: 10/19/2009 2:35 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

hello

i have a promotional cd for the 2007 tarantino film death proof available.  it comes with promo back tray art and no front art, disc is mint, it has 15 tracks instead of the 16 shown below.  1 credit.  promotional version is hard to find if you collect tarantino memorabilia.

Death Proof
spacer.gif

amg album review:

Quentin Tarantino soundtracks are often as deliriously exciting as the films themselves and Death Proof is no exception to the rule. His half of the exploitation double-bill Grindhouse concerns a serial killer called Stuntman Mike who offs girls with his indestructible car -- a blend of no less than three B-movie staples that provides a perfect vehicle for a perfect soundtrack, which Death Proof comes pretty close to being. Given the inspirations behind this stylized exploitation flick, it should come as no surprise that this soundtrack also borrows heavily from the '60s and '70s, digging up a bunch of forgotten soul, pop, rock, surf, and soundtrack songs that aren't commonly heard. There are some familiar names here -- whether it's composers Jack Nitzsche and Ennio Morricone or soul singers Joe Tex and Eddie Floyd -- but the closest this comes to familiar territory is T. Rex's glam staple "Jeepster" and maybe Smith's one-shot wonder "Baby It's You." But the pleasure of this soundtrack is precisely how all these little-known songs create their own fantastical spin on the late '60s and '70s, just like how Tarantino does it within the film itself. According to this, it was a time when the Coasters turned "Down in Mexico" into spacey, funky doo wop, when Dave Dee, Dozy, Bich & Tich turned out fizzy pop pleasures like "Hold Tight" and when Pacific Gas & Electric turned "Staggolee" into a psychedelic pimp. Thow in a down-n-dirty Willy DeVille number and the girl power of April March's "Chick Habit," and this is turns into an addictive record -- one that's perfect for long, dark drives or just about any other kind of good time you could name. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine, All Music Guide

Album Details

Title: Death Proof
Artist: Original Soundtrack
Release Date: 3/27/2007
Label: Maverick/Warner Bros., Warner Bros./Maverick
Album Type(s): Explicit lyrics sticker, soundtrack
UPCs: 093624998860, 093624995142, 093624998808
Genre: Soundtrack
Styles: Soul, Psychedelic, Surf, Garage Rock, Pop/Rock, Soundtracks
Total Copies: 0
Members Wishing: 5
Number of Discs/SwapaCD Credits: 1

Track Listings

1. The Last Race :: Jack Nitzsche
  2. Baby, It's You :: Smith
  3. Paranoia Prima :: Ennio Morricone
  4. Planning & Scheming :: Michael Bacall, Elizabeth Roth
  5. Jeepster :: T. Rex
  6. Stuntman Mike :: Rose McGowan, Kurt Russell
  7. Staggolee :: Pacific Gas & Electric
  8. The Love You Save (May Be Your Own) :: Joe Tex
  9. Good Love, Bad Love :: Eddie Floyd
  10. Down in Mexico :: The Coasters
  11. Hold Tight :: Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich
  12. Sally and Jack [From Blow Out] :: Pino Donaggio
  13. It's So Easy :: Willy DeVille
  14. Whatever-However :: Zoe Bell, Tracie Thoms
  15. Riot in Thunder Alley :: Eddie Beram
  16. Chick Habit :: An April March

Last Edited on: 5/9/10 11:30 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
bossajake (Patrick J.)

Date Posted: 12/21/2009 12:49 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

bumped - right off the road

bossajake (Patrick J.)

Date Posted: 1/9/2010 6:49 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

a little bump

bossajake (Patrick J.)

Date Posted: 2/7/2010 5:21 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

time to bump it

bossajake (Patrick J.)

Date Posted: 5/8/2010 1:10 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

bumping

Boberty (Robert P.)

Subject: I'll bite!
Date Posted: 5/9/2010 10:15 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I can't believe no-one jumped on this one! QT has consistently the most "interesting" soundtracks assembled. Planet of Terror still has 9 wishes so I'll take you up on this while waiting for mine. I'll pm you my address.

Robert