Discussion Forums - CD Bazaar

Topic: Love ANOTHER surprise..? Take a MYSTERY TOUR that fits in your mailbox

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
icberry (IC B.)

Subject: Love ANOTHER surprise..? Take a MYSTERY TOUR that fits in your mailbox
Date Posted: 9/22/2009 8:44 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Well, I thought I'd have a little fun by offering a surprise package deal.... and it found a home almost immediately!  So, in the spirit of If It Worked Once -- I hereby present: BAG OF WONDERS - the Sequel!

If you're here at SwapaCD, you're already one of those neat people who appreciates getting interesting mail.   But if you've traded with me (in a certain mood) you know I tend to send packages that go just a LEEEEETLE bit beyond the strictly "normal".  In a good way.  I hope.  

So here's my deal:  I've put together a stack of unusual wonders,  but I won't tell you what's in it.  Here's what I CAN tell you:

1. This little surprise package will be your Magical Mystery Tour: you don't know where you're going, but with this music, you're going to travel.

2.  If you're hoping for "John, Paul, George and Ringo", forget it.  With this trade, you get  "Bart, Eef, Koen, Dave and Victor". Also Sulyman, Piotr, Riffat and Komal.  And Paddy.

3. All of the CDs are in fine condition.  Three are lacking back inserts.

4.  Three of these little rarities are not in the database.  This might be a good thing...but then again, it depends.

5. One is covered in Japanese characters and features guys in matching jumpsuits

6. One offers a Cider Drinking Song and another, something called "Sacred Insanity"

7. One is described as "Maui's Hottest Ticket"

8. One features explicit traditional art in the liner notes and another has a band member with both a cowboy hat AND a nose piercing

Had enough?  Want to know more?  Buddy me three credits and you get the entire stack of TEN disks, plus -- I promise -- a rich and rewarding mail experience your local post office will be speak of in hushed tones for months to come.

PM me and they're yours.

ICB

Christopher (Christopher H.)

Date Posted: 9/22/2009 10:39 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I can say that IC's packaging can be quite extraordinary...  Always a nice surprise.  Though I couldn't even venture a guess about the contents of these mystery packages.

bossajake (Patrick J.)

Date Posted: 9/23/2009 2:52 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

ok ic - i'll bite on this one, sounds worldly enough for me and even if not it sounds at least like something unique and different, which is always right up my alley.   i'll buddy 3 credits and i won't even keep my fingers crossed as i'm sure i'll find something i like in the package - or at the least i'm sure i'll enjoy the package itself  :)

by the way, i was very happy with the sinead lohan cd - no mermaid.  the last track, diving to be deeper, was one i remember from radio so it was very nice to hear the entire album. 

thanks    :)  patrick   bossajake

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 9/23/2009 9:17 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Wow -- off they go!  Thanks Patrick!  You PMed me about credits -- apparently the weird behavior you noted may have been because it didn't register your credit transfer.  Nothing came to me....

bossajake (Patrick J.)

Date Posted: 9/24/2009 3:47 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

sorry - probably my error - we're set now  :)  patrick