Discussion Forums - CD Bazaar

Topic: BEWARE

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
whatanurse (Denise G.)

Subject: BEWARE
Date Posted: 6/29/2009 7:43 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I havent seen him here, but on PBS and swapdvd theres a guy who goes by " Frank M.'' The entertainer1' on swap dvd http://www.swapadvd.com/forum/topic.php?t=10532 and on PBS he goes by Frank M. heres the link http://www.paperbackswap.com/forum/topic.php?t=170306 He is under investigation for scamming many members, (Including me). I dont want to cause a stir here, just an awareness. I dont know what he did with all the credits. I just know were out ALOT of them, collectivly. He was new to the sites, and offered2 for 1 and 3 for 1 fake deals on wishlisted items that he said were unpostable. Just an FYI before it happens here. Denise

brandy (Brandy W.)

Date Posted: 6/29/2009 8:43 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Thanks for the warning on here Denise, he may try to weasel his way in here as well. I too fell victim to his scam on the dvd swap site.

wandersoul73 (James B.)

Date Posted: 6/30/2009 1:30 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Sadly, I saw that he took many for their creds on Swapadvd. I'm sure I would've been one of them too if I had the creds to spend at the time. Hopefully all the credfs can be given back to their rightful owners!

james

Keerayduh (Steve L.)

Date Posted: 6/30/2009 5:30 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

A similar situation did happen here about 6 months ago - can't remember the person's "handle" but I don't believe it was Frank.   He had put up a lot of unpostable Japanese imports of popular CD's and never sent them out.    Caveat emptor.

Regards,    Steve :)

whatanurse (Denise G.)

Date Posted: 6/30/2009 7:14 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

If he's so low to do this on our site, I wonder if he's ever hit ebay or amazon, etc. Its sad really. I get most of the books, dvds I trade @ the library or yard sales(IN great condition, of course) so their pretty cheap(in cost). Its not like you can profit alot scamming on these sites. Wonder if he does it for the thrill? Maybe it excited him to pull the wool over our eyes. Iam ususlly careful, but he got me!

scotso (Scott C.)

Date Posted: 6/30/2009 3:15 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

The  Japanese CD person was "James B", and it was early last November. LOL  I won't soon forget him.

Last Edited on: 6/30/09 3:16 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Bob N.

Date Posted: 7/2/2009 4:25 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Scott's right, his nick was "James B." He got me for a few, too.

It's ridiculous how scammers keep taking advantage of people over and over.  That's why I never accept deals from anyone new (anymore).

Last Edited on: 7/2/09 4:26 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
wandersoul73 (James B.)

Date Posted: 7/2/2009 7:22 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Well, the person (James B.) being talked about wasn't me just putting it out there. I haven't ever had any problems with cds or dvds I've sent out.

james

Last Edited on: 7/2/09 7:23 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Keerayduh (Steve L.)

Date Posted: 7/2/2009 8:27 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I'm afraid that scammers are a part of life and always have been.  A friend of mine saw a great deal on some computer peripherals a few years back on Amazon and bought 3 (one for him and one each for two friends - he's a great guy that way),.  It was something that normally cost about $300 and it was selling for about $200 new.  Needless to say, he never got them - and he had a heck of a time getting refunded from Amazon.  The dealer was a fraud and apparently disappeared - and I'm sure Amazon had to pay for them (plus however many more the guy sold to other people) out of their own pockets.

When I buy something on eBay (which I'm prone to doing more often than I should), I would rather pay more for someone with a higher feedback score than from someone with a 97.  (I do read their negative feedback, though - sometimes it's just hinky.)

Regards,    Steve :)

bossajake (Patrick J.)

Subject: the new james b.
Date Posted: 7/2/2009 2:35 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

just a word on james' behalf - his name is also james b. but his nickname is wandersoul73 - he's a stand up guy.  :)

i've had many dealings with him and a lot of correspondence back and forth, he's a great guy, easy to deal with and always comes through.

i do recall the other james  b. that scott mentioned, i traded with him as well last year and think his problem was one of organization rather than a deliberate scammer.  he always had way too much stuff going on and deals could take awhile to get straightened out.  he did fine by me but did run into trouble with some others at one point.  i don't know what happened to him.  he was passionate about music though just couldn't get his stuff together.

anyway, anytime you see the new james b  wandersoul 73 in the bazaar i encourage everyone to check out his deals - he's always been a great trading partner  :)

patrick   bossajake