Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: How do I void a label?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Buddhagyrl (Carole S.)

Subject: How do I void a label?
Date Posted: 11/19/2008 8:51 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I screwed up a label, I need to void the one that printed and have the postage credited so I can reprint it correctly. How do I do that?
Thanks!
Newbie Carole

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 11/19/2008 11:13 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Carole, my impression is that the way the system is set up, you are only CHARGED the one time, no matter how many subsequent times you print that label.  Is that what you are asking?

The question about what do you do when you can't use a label you've printed is an interesting one, and I know when I asked it a few weeks ago, no one really knew.  This comes up if someone cancels an order, or you realize the amount is wrong, or....

I'm very interested in knowing what the answer might be.  As it stands now, it looks like we only have one shot at printing a label for a trade; you can RE-PRINT it, but you once it's been printed, you are stuck for the cost.  Am I wrong?

se7118 (Scott E.)

Date Posted: 4/5/2009 1:30 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

The short answer is that there is no way (that i know of) to "void" a label...

That being said, there is probably a way to address the specific issue you are having that made you want to void the label in the first place. Hmm... "screwed up a label" covers a lot of ground, so it kinda depends on what exactly you meant by this. i believe the response from icberry (IC B.) covers any physically problems (like printer error or damage to the actual label or something like that). Just reprint...

As far as a Cancelled Order goes, that shouldn't happen because once you print the label, the requestor can no longer cancel. Fyi, there is also a one hour "buyer's remorse" period (before email that a request has been made is sent), so the requestor has already had chance to cancel if they made the request by mistake.

The issue that i have had myself (where i wanted to void, or start over) is that i have printed the basic label with $0.79 postage, then realized when i went to wrap the CD that the Front and Back Inserts are basically "integrated" into the case. This often happens with some of the eco-friendly packaging, e.g. foldable cardboard cases, or sometimes i send the case if there are stickers on the case, like "Contains the smash hit..." or whatever. In this case, the solution is simple. You can just add whatever additional postage is due using regular old stamps. You can use the site to calculate/estimate what the postage would have been with the case (or at a given weight), then just add stamps to the bar coded digital postage to make up the difference... As long as required postage is on the label in some form, the disc should be delivered with no problems...

Here are some additional details from Help Center...

• "Printed:" (with a date)
    • means that the sender has printed your address to send the CD (the request can no longer be canceled by you [the requestor] at this point).
    • The date shown here is the LAST time the address was printed.  This will update if the sender reprints the address.
    • "Awaiting Member" after "Printed" means that the address has not yet been printed.  The request can still be canceled by you at this point.

Who Can Cancel a Request and When:

• The REQUESTOR can cancel a request up until the time the wrapper is printed by the sender.
    • In fact, there is approximately 1 hour's delay between the time a CD is first ordered and the time that the request is submitted to the sender.
    • This allows for "buyer's remorse," so that the requestor can easily cancel if she changes her mind, without the sender ever knowing about the request.
    • If the requestor sends a Personal Message to the sender by clicking on the request, however, that 1-hr delay will be eliminated, and the CD request will be submitted immediately at the time the PM is sent.

• The SENDER may cancel a request for a CD up until the time is it marked mailed.
    • The reason for this is because sometimes "my dog ate my CD just before I was going to drop it in the mail..." etc..
    • If the sender cancels and there is another copy of the CD available in the system, the request will be passed along to another sender.
      • This will happen automatically, without email notification to the requestor.
    • If a sender cancels and there is not another copy of the CD available in the system, the requestor will get her credit back and the CD will go onto her Wish List.
      • In this case, the requestor will be notified by SwapaCD auto-email.

Ninest123 N.

Subject: edited by SwapaCD Team
Date Posted: 8/30/2017 1:58 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

edited by SwapaCD Team

Monday12 M.

Subject: edited by SwapaCD Team
Date Posted: 1/2/2018 10:22 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

edited by SwapaCD Team