Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Availability to see position in wishlist????

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:
Loreli (Lori Z.)

Subject: Availability to see position in wishlist????
Date Posted: 9/16/2006 9:02 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Thanks so much for the upgrades. I love the ability to pick and choose artwork, and to post what I have available. But, I am miss knowing where I am in the wishlist. Will this ever be implemented? I think many people would like this to be available.
MeadowbrookManor (Patrick C.)

Date Posted: 9/19/2006 3:45 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Looking for an answer to this question too!
zack (Zack H.)
SwapaCD Team

Date Posted: 9/20/2006 1:10 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
We are not planning on adding the exact position back to the wish list. What we will be adding something that will take into account your place in line and the speed at which the line move. We think this will better show a true comparison as too how long it may take you to receive a CD. This may be added within the next couple of weeks.

Zack
The SwapaCD Team
ldk (Lisa K.)

Date Posted: 9/20/2006 7:37 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Thanks Zack. That's going to be a great help.
jc (Jon C.)

Date Posted: 9/21/2006 8:45 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Is there currently a way to tell the speed of the queue on the PBS side, other than checking periodically and trying to remember where you started in line?
Natch (Joe V.)

Date Posted: 9/21/2006 1:42 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
I don't know and maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way, but I think I would rather know my exact number in line. That way I could check it occasionally and see if I've moved closer to the number one spot on the list. It seems like trying to calculate how long it will take to get to the top of the list by looking at how fast the line moves would be pretty difficult because you also have to figure how often that particular CD will be posted in the future.

Maybe you could think about showing both a person's number in line and how fast the line is moving.

Just out of curiosity, what about showing how many of each CD is posted when looking at that particular CD? It might help me to decide if I want to get CD X before CD Y because there are several CD Ys listed and only one CD X. Just a thought...
Loreli (Lori Z.)

Date Posted: 9/21/2006 11:51 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Tom, those are great thoughts, I have to agree with you. Actually I really like the setup at PBS. I would love it if the info here,was setup like that.
annieinnj (Ann S.)

Date Posted: 9/22/2006 8:17 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑
I am also missing where in the wishlist line I stand.
patferguson (PAT F.)

Subject: Position in Wish List
Date Posted: 9/27/2006 6:49 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Along with a few others, I would like to have the "Where" in the wish list I am, like paperback swap. At least that way you can check to see if it has moved you forward at all.

Thanks
Pat
comet9443 (Beth Y.)

Date Posted: 10/30/2006 6:03 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑
We haven't gotten anything, as far as I can tell, about position in the wishlist. You can't even look a CD up on Club Wishlist and see how many people are wishing for it. WIthout knowing this info, I almost feel like there is no real line or whatnot. I have no way to know if anyone else is wishing, etc. I have older CDs on my WL, and they come up once in a while (not very often). I can't imagine people who have newer CDs. I'm (mostly) trying to find ones to replace cassettes I have.

I wish SOMETHING were done on this.

Last Edited on: 10/30/06 6:03 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
J H.

Date Posted: 11/3/2006 10:04 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
I agree! I hate not knowing how close I am to the top of the list. I recently had two wished-for CDs become available around the same time - great, but that could become a problem once my credits get low. I don't want to have to refuse a CD due to lack of credits. I also don't want to just sit on my credits, if I'm way down on the line. However, if I know I am #1 or 2 on the list, I can keep those credits in reserve!

Last Edited on: 11/3/06 10:05 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Classicana (Anna B.)

Date Posted: 11/4/2006 11:01 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Since it's been well over the 'couple of weeks' predicted by Zack, I wonder if they are re-thinking exactly what system they will use here.
I keep 10 credits 'in reserve' and have all (10erm) wishlisted cd's on autorequest. Being able to transfer credits to or from pbs certainly makes this easier.
comet9443 (Beth Y.)

Date Posted: 11/4/2006 7:12 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Well, being as I KNOW where I am on my PBS WL, I make sure to keep most of my credits there in case I need them. Since I have no clue here, I only have 2 right now. If I have to, I'll buy them. I just hope I don't have to before CHristmas (I will, but $$ is tight--as I'm sure it is for everyone this time of year).
MeadowbrookManor (Patrick C.)

Subject: Update?
Date Posted: 1/18/2007 6:21 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Any further information on this? It really seems like there's no usable feedback available - knowing when you put something on your wishlist doesn't really tell you much in the absence of any other information!

What the rationale is for not implementing the PBS-style system that works so well there? What am I missing?
blackmamba886 (Jenny R.)

Date Posted: 2/3/2007 2:52 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
i'd also love to see where i am in line like i can on my pbs wishlist
Classicana (Anna B.)

Date Posted: 2/3/2007 8:35 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
I understand some upgrades/changes are in the works and should be implemented 'soon'. I don't know if Zack works full-time for this site or not - it might not be able to afford him on a full-time basis. I understand that the co-founders didn't give up their day jobs even though PBS is quite successful- not to be confused with profitable!

edited for veracity! hehehe

Last Edited on: 2/3/07 8:40 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
skywaywaver (Maggie C.)

Date Posted: 2/6/2007 3:49 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
I would love to have this feature as well. It's not just for OCD, but also to ensure that I have enough credits to fund any future WL'ed discs popping up.

ETA: I totally forgot what I had in my signature here until I posted this! LOL

Last Edited on: 2/6/07 3:49 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
KathyB (Kathy B.)

Date Posted: 2/21/2007 10:46 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
I would like to see where I am in line for a CD as well. It is one of my favorite features over on the paperback swap list.
Rick O.

Date Posted: 2/24/2007 7:18 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Add me to the chorus pf people wanting to know where I am on the wish list. I'd also like to know the position. A prediction of when a CD might be available is fine for really popular titles, but less helpful for slow movers. How do you estimate how long I'll have to wait if I'm 3rd in the queue for a newer title that has never been offered, yet. People who know queuing theory will tell you that's a very hard problem question to answer accurately. Maybe a combination of 1) my position in the line and 2) the number of times a title has been offered in the last year. Then let us each decide how we want to use the information.
cruisin (Mary M.)

Subject: I want to know my place in line too.
Date Posted: 2/25/2007 4:35 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑
I like to know my place in line because with only 10 wishes, if I want to make changes I judge what I will move to reminder by how close I am to the top of the list. If I am next in line it stays as a wish.
ZepFan (J C.)

Date Posted: 2/25/2007 2:01 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Yet another copy of a CD I have on my wishlist was posted today, but obviously I wasn't next in line. It drives me nuts to see wishlisted CDs posted but not offered to me, with no way to have any idea when I might be next in line.
conrad777 (CONRAD S.)

Date Posted: 2/28/2007 6:56 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Is there anyway of knowing how many copies of CDs I've posted are in the system?
twintoni (Toni B.)

Date Posted: 2/28/2007 7:46 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
try checking your tower to see what you have posted and check your completed transactions for the cd's you have sent to another member. Is that the information you were looking for?
Classicana (Anna B.)

Date Posted: 2/28/2007 9:40 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Conrad, as far as I know there is no way to know if the cd you posted is the only one or the 50th.
Beth, if you happen to still be checking this thread, if a cd comes up that you want and you don't have a credit here, it would be 'a little bit' cheaper to transfer a credit from PBS and purchase one over there.. $2.75 vs. $2.99.....
If there is some real problem with showing the 'place in line' on the wishlist such as we have at PBS, it would be a big help if they would explain it to us. I think this sort of explanation needs to be made by 'Club Communications' to all the members rather than here in the forums where only a portion of the membership would see it.
conrad777 (CONRAD S.)

Date Posted: 3/1/2007 5:43 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Thanks, Anna. Over half my posted CDs were requested immediately, the rest are languishing. I had the idea to unpost and repost so that members who mainly check the recently posted file will see my CDs. From reading the forums I see that some members think this is wrong and maybe self defeating. what do you think?

Page: