Discussion Forums - CD Bazaar

Topic: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Boxed Set

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Casa (Casa J.)

Subject: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Boxed Set
Date Posted: 10/15/2007 10:00 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I have an incomplete boxed set of the shows. Amazon finally sent me a complete set so I want to trade the other set.

It contains 8 CDs:

HH Guide to the Galaxy Collection Edition booklet

HH Guide to the Galaxy Part One & Two

HH Guide to the Galaxy The Primary Phase, Fit the First to Fit the Sixth

HH Guide to the Galaxy The Secondary Phase, Fit the Seventh to Fit the Tenth

The set is missing HH Guide to the Galaxy The Secondary Phase, Fit the Eleventh & Twelfth.  It has 2 CDs of Fit the Ninth & Tenth.

So, were it complete I'd ask for 8 credits....but as it's missing 1 CD I'd like 6 credits for the set.  Let me know if you are interested in dealing.

Thanks,

iamthed (Alex D.)

Date Posted: 10/15/2007 10:13 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Just to let you know, unless the individual cds have individual bar codes, it's considered 1 album and should therefore be swapped for only 1 credit.   This has been brought up before.  I'll try and find the thread.

According to the Help Center:

If each of the CDs bears a unique UPC, you can post each as a separate entity

• this way, you will earn a credit for each.

If the "box" holding the boxed set bears a UPC, you can post with that number, BUT

• this way, you will earn only ONE credit for the SET.

There is not a way to post the CDs by UPC individually yet require one member to take all of them and award you all of the credits

Last Edited on: 10/15/07 10:26 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
midnightguinea (Aaron D.)

Date Posted: 10/15/2007 2:30 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Yes is it forbidden to ask for more than 1 credit for a boxed set. Sorry.

coolascaliban (Daniel Y.)

Subject: Read it again
Date Posted: 10/15/2007 6:54 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

It doesn't say anywhere that it is forbidden. It simply says that the system is not capable of granting more than one credit for a box set if it has a simple UPC. That is in fact what the bazaar is for along with the ability to "send a buddy a credit."

iamthed (Alex D.)

Date Posted: 10/16/2007 6:55 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

"It doesn't say anywhere that it is forbidden."

According to the Official SACD Help Center:

If each of the CDs bears a unique UPC, you can post each as a separate entity

• this way, you will earn a credit for each.

If the "box" holding the boxed set bears a UPC, you can post with that number, BUT

• this way, you will earn only ONE credit for the SET.

Help center = offically posted.  We need to play by the rules here in the Bazaar forum or else SACD will shut it down.  "Please to do not abuse this forum or we will have to remove it from the Forums."

coolascaliban (Daniel Y.)

Date Posted: 10/16/2007 9:07 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Last Edited on: 10/16/07 9:11 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
MeadowbrookManor (Patrick C.)

Date Posted: 10/16/2007 11:59 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Regardless of whether it's allowed or not, realistically, I think it's slim odds that anyone would be willing to pay that many credits. Maybe if it was rare or something, but otherwise your best bet might be Ebay or Half.

kayote (Kayote B.)

Date Posted: 10/17/2007 8:54 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I thought you were only forbidden from asking more if it could be posted in the database.  If it's not complete, it can't be posted.

Casa (Casa J.)

Date Posted: 10/23/2007 4:45 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Because it's not complete that is why I posted it in the Bazaar with full disclosure. So if points are not an option, I'm willing to trade the set for a couple of CDs. See my Wish List. Given the size and weight of this set....trading for 1 point  doesn't seem reasonable nor does seem fair based on the cost of mailing it ....on my dime I might add.

I'm hoping someone is willing to make a trade.  Otherwise maybe Goodwill is the place for these CDs?

Thanks for all the responses.

Casa